New Year, New Staff: Redbelly Retires, jedishrfu Joins

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
The coming of a new year brings a change in the Mentor group. @Redbelly98 who has been with us for a fantastic 5 years is retiring. Redbelly has been a true pleasure to have on staff these past several years. Always in a good mood and ready to help. We'll miss his woodpecker avatar around the forums, but he's assured us his return later in 2015. We look forward to that. Thanks Redbelly!

Coming in "so fresh and so clean" is @jedishrfu! jedishrfu over the past few years has shown a great dedication to the community. We're very pleased to have him become part of our team to strengthen Physics Forums!

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
The coming of a new year brings a change in the Mentor group. @Redbelly98 who has been with us for a fantastic 5 years is retiring. Redbelly has been a true pleasure to have on staff these past several years. Always in a good mood and ready to help. We'll miss his woodpecker avatar around the forums, but he's assured us his return later in 2015. We look forward to that. Thanks Redbelly!

Coming in "so fresh and so clean" is @jedishrfu! jedishrfu over the past few years has shown a great dedication to the community. We're very pleased to have him become part of our team to strengthen Physics Forums!

Doh!

jedishrfu; "Will we limit OmCheeto humor?"

All praise, the new jedi master, shiferdoodle, shifferoo, sherpafoo, google google google, martial arts teacher.

And my thanks to Redbelly98, for posting, what I consider to be, one of the greatest responses, in my brief history, at PF.

Jedishrfu seems to be an outstanding person, very friendly indeed. I really enjoy reading his posts.. Hopefully his mentor duties won't get in the way of his great posts!

Last edited:
Likes dlgoff, OmCheeto and Greg Bernhardt
Hey, it's been a privilege to be a Mentor here for 5 years, and real fun being a member as well.

Welcome jedishrfu!

OmCheeto said:
And my thanks to Redbelly98, for posting, what I consider to be, one of the greatest responses, in my brief history, at PF.
:oldconfused: Might you be referring to the time I posted a verse of Sam Gamgee's "The Stone Troll" just before locking a thread?

I already miss your Christmas avatar. :oldcry:

Redbelly98 said:
Hey, it's been a privilege to be a Mentor here for 5 years, and real fun being a member as well.

Welcome jedishrfu!

:oldconfused: Might you be referring to the time I posted a verse of Sam Gamgee's "The Stone Troll" just before locking a thread?

Nope. That thread appears to have been very short lived, and I have no recollection of it. Though I can imagine I posted something that you would have deleted, and given me an infraction for. It was a Monday, and I was always a bit cranky on Mondays.

The post I was referring to, had you confirming, that I was not crazy. I really appreciated that.

1. What is the reason for Redbelly's retirement?

Redbelly has decided to retire after many years of dedicated service to the company.

2. Who is replacing Redbelly?

jedishrfu will be joining the company as the new staff member.

3. What are jedishrfu's qualifications?

jedishrfu has a degree in computer science and several years of experience in the industry.

4. Will there be any changes to the team's responsibilities with the addition of jedishrfu?

There may be some minor adjustments to the team's responsibilities to accommodate for jedishrfu's strengths and skills, but overall the team's main responsibilities will remain the same.

5. How will jedishrfu's addition affect the company's goals and projects?

jedishrfu's addition to the team will bring a fresh perspective and new ideas, which can potentially benefit the company's goals and projects. However, it may also take some time for jedishrfu to fully integrate into the team and become familiar with the existing projects. Overall, it is a positive change for the company.