Online calculators that have radians on the x axis

In summary, there is an online graphing calculator called Desmos that is free and can be used to graph trig functions with radians on the x-axis.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
just curious if anyone knows where there is online graphing program that will graph trig function with radians on the x axis

tried Wolfframapha but not

thanks ahead

Mathematics news on Phys.org
This is a very odd question. Radians are not actually units. They are just numbers. If the x-axis is not specifically labeled otherwise, it is "Radians".

ok but typically on trig functions you see the x-axis in terms of pi that what I was looking for. Wolffram does do it but only on certain functions, there is no way to set it for that

What do you think [tex]\pi[/tex] is, a platypus?

[tex]\pi = 3.14159265358979323846264338...[/tex]

It's not a platypus. It's a Real Number.

Please clarify karush, but what I think you're referring to is a graph where the x-axis would have labels such as \(\displaystyle 0, \frac{\pi}{2}, \pi, \frac{3 \pi}{2}\) and so on. I'm not aware of such a calculator but I would point out that you can easily convert any point you are looking at to something "in terms of $\pi$" by taking that number and dividing it by $\pi$.

Let me know what you're looking for if I assumed incorrectly but in the meantime I would definitely recommend an online calculator called Desmos. It is by far the best online graphing calculator that I know of, it's free and I am in contact with their development team if there are ever any issues.

karush said:
just curious if anyone knows where there is online graphing program that will graph trig function with radians on the x axis

tried Wolfframapha but not

thanks ahead

Obviously you are looking for a program where you can label the axes in multiples of [tex]\pi[/tex] or any other value (for instance [tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] or else).

I use the program Graph (have a look here: Graph | Plotting of mathematical functions). It's a Danish program which is available in many different languages. I use - of course - the German version.

I've attached a screen-shot of the sin-function where you can see how you can adjust the labeling of the axes.

Attachments

• graphbeisp.png
    graphbeisp.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 76
got it... yes, perfect that is what I was looking for,, much thanks.

r:)

1. What is the purpose of using radians on the x axis in online calculators?

The use of radians on the x axis in online calculators allows for more accurate calculations when working with trigonometric functions. Radians are a unit of measurement commonly used in mathematics and physics, and using them on the x axis allows for a more precise representation of angles.

2. Are radians the only unit of measurement used in online calculators?

No, radians are not the only unit of measurement used in online calculators. Degrees are also commonly used, especially in everyday calculations. However, radians are preferred for more complex calculations involving trigonometric functions.

3. How do I convert between degrees and radians on an online calculator?

Most online calculators have a button or option to switch between using degrees and radians. If not, you can manually convert between the two by multiplying or dividing by the conversion factor of 180/π (or π/180 in the opposite direction).

4. Can I use radians on an online calculator for non-trigonometric calculations?

Yes, you can use radians on an online calculator for any type of calculation. Radians are a unit of measurement and can be used in any mathematical operation, not just with trigonometric functions.

5. Is there a specific online calculator that is recommended for working with radians on the x axis?

There are many online calculators available that allow for the use of radians on the x axis. Some popular options include Desmos, GeoGebra, and WolframAlpha. It is recommended to choose a calculator that is user-friendly and has the necessary features for your specific calculations.