Permanent magnet motor drive train

In summary, the conversation discusses a request for information on permanent magnet motor drive trains. The recommended searches include dc motor control systems, dc motor power supply circuits, and dc motor variable speed controllers. The conversation also touches on the various types and applications of permanent magnet motors and the need for speed, position, torque, and braking control in the setup.
Ali Durrani
Hello there,
can anyone tell me what is a permanent magnet motor drive train and what is the working principle of permanent magnet motor drive train ? i have searched google but i couldn't find anything useful

Engineering news on Phys.org
Do you mean the electrical drive system which powers the motor or the mechanical drive system which transmits power between motor and load ?

Electric drive system, i have been assigned with this task and i have no idea about electrical :p

Put these key words into Google :

dc motor control systems

dc motor power supply circuits

dc motor variable speed controllers

That should give you the basics .

Please come back if you have specific questions

But i need them for Permanent Magnet motors only

The searches I suggested will all yield information relevant to permanent magnet motor control systems .

There is a huge amount of information relating to all kinds of motor control systems readily available - just do a proper search using some very obvious keywords

Try ' control systems for permanent magnet dc motors ' for instance .

ok thanks sir

Also look up BLDC motor ...

"Permanent magnet motors" can be tiny (used as vibrators in pagers) to real monsters. Speeds from 0 to >50,000 rpm. What sort of motors are you interested in?

What's the application? Do you just need to control the speed or position as well? Regenerative braking?

Is it an AC or DC motor you are working on?

I am working on DC

CWatters said:
"Permanent magnet motors" can be tiny (used as vibrators in pagers) to real monsters. Speeds from 0 to >50,000 rpm. What sort of motors are you interested in?

What's the application? Do you just need to control the speed or position as well? Regenerative braking?
i need the whole setup including the speed control position control as well as the torque control and braking

Related to Permanent magnet motor drive train

1. What is a permanent magnet motor drive train?

A permanent magnet motor drive train is a type of electric motor that uses permanent magnets to create a magnetic field instead of electromagnets. It is commonly used in various industries, including transportation, aerospace, and renewable energy.

2. How does a permanent magnet motor drive train work?

The permanent magnets in the motor are fixed to the rotor, which is the rotating part of the motor. When electricity is passed through the stator, which is the stationary part of the motor, it creates a magnetic field that interacts with the magnets on the rotor, causing it to rotate and generate mechanical energy.

3. What are the advantages of using a permanent magnet motor drive train?

There are several advantages of using a permanent magnet motor drive train, including high efficiency, compact size, and lower maintenance requirements. They also have a higher power-to-weight ratio and can operate at higher speeds compared to traditional motors.

4. Are there any limitations to using a permanent magnet motor drive train?

One limitation of permanent magnet motor drive trains is their higher initial cost compared to other types of motors. They also require rare-earth materials, which can be expensive and difficult to source. Additionally, their performance may be affected by high temperatures, and they may not be suitable for high torque applications.

5. How is a permanent magnet motor drive train different from other types of motors?

Unlike traditional motors that use electromagnets, a permanent magnet motor drive train does not require a continuous supply of electricity to maintain the magnetic field. This makes it more energy-efficient and reduces the risk of power outages. It also has a simpler design, which results in lower maintenance requirements and a longer lifespan.