Physics Quiz/Trivia In Chat This Sunday, March 24

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary, the Physics Quiz/Trivia will be held on Sunday starting at 3:00 pm US Central Daylight Time in the Quiz/Trivia Chat Room. The first member to display the correct answer in the Chat room will receive the point. Points will be tallied and the winner will be announced at the end of the game and posted.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Back by popular demand, we will have our next Physics Quiz/Trivia during this Sunday's Chat. It will take place in the Quiz/Trivia Chat Room starting at 3:00 pm US Central Daylight Time.

Quiz/Trivia Rules:

1. Please refrain from any conversation/discussion during the running of the game. You may ask for clarification, etc. related to the quiz/trivia, but all other discussion should be confined till after the game is over, or in another Chat room.

2. Each question will typically carry 1 point for a correct answer, unless otherwise noted.

3. The first member to type and display the correct answer in the Chat room will receive the point. Typos will be tolerated to the extent that the intention of the member is clear in what was typed.

4. You are allowed only ONE attempt at giving an answer to a particular question. Multiple attempts are not allowed.

5. Please make sure you are able to view graphics (jpg, gif, pdf), and you have a calculator handy.

6. Points will be tallied and the winner will be announced at the end of the game and posted.

Zz.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yaaaaay Zz!

fyi, the chat link is posted in the Feedback and Announcements forum mid morning on Sundays.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that we are barely a day away from our physics Quiz/Trivia. I have updated the rules of the game, so please go back and read the first post of this thread.

Looking forward to seeing you in Chat tomorrow, 3:00 pm CDT.

Zz.

Is there a theme/topic? Or just general physics?

No theme/topic. It's anything goes.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Looking forward to seeing you in Chat tomorrow, 3:00 pm
Since you give the time in USA CDT rather than GMT, I take it this event is intended only for North Americans? :tongue2:

strangerep said:
Since you give the time in USA CDT rather than GMT, I take it this event is intended only for North Americans? :tongue2:
Nope. Come join, these quizzes are always fun.

Since the time is not given in EDT, I will not be participating. Besides, my wife is dragging me to Mitsuwa today.

strangerep said:
20:00 UTC=GMT, 21:00 CET :p
Your ping might be worse if you live far away.

Where is the link to the chat? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
Many thanks.

The link will appear in a thread in the Feedback forum when the Chat is open.

Zz.

When will it end?

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was a lot of fun (and a lot of work). I was truly impressed that many of you could work under such pressure and speed!

The list of winners will be posted soon, if it hasn't already.

Zz.

1. What is the purpose of the Physics Quiz/Trivia in Chat on March 24?

The Physics Quiz/Trivia in Chat on March 24 is a fun and interactive way to test your knowledge and understanding of physics concepts. It aims to engage and challenge participants while also providing an opportunity to learn new things about the fascinating world of physics.

2. Who can participate in the Physics Quiz/Trivia in Chat on March 24?

The Physics Quiz/Trivia in Chat is open to anyone who is interested in physics, regardless of their level of knowledge. Whether you're a seasoned physicist or just curious about the subject, everyone is welcome to join in on the fun and test their skills.

3. What topics will be covered in the Physics Quiz/Trivia in Chat on March 24?

The quiz questions will cover a wide range of physics topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and modern physics. There will also be some questions that require critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

4. How can I participate in the Physics Quiz/Trivia in Chat on March 24?

To participate in the quiz, you will need to be in the designated chat room at the specified time on March 24. The quiz will consist of multiple-choice questions, and participants can submit their answers by typing them into the chat. The quiz will be timed, so make sure to be prompt and ready to join in on the fun!

5. Are there any prizes for participating in the Physics Quiz/Trivia in Chat on March 24?

While there may not be any physical prizes, the real reward is the opportunity to test your knowledge and learn more about physics. Plus, there will be a sense of satisfaction and bragging rights if you get all the questions correct!