Problems for Cauchy Integral Formula

In summary, the conversation suggests using partial fraction decomposition and Cauchy's differentiation formula for the two types of questions the speaker is struggling with. They also advise breaking down the questions into smaller parts, reviewing relevant formulas and concepts, and seeking help from others.
shirokuma
Hello everyone!
I am currently stuck at the two type of questions below, because I am not really sure what method should be used to calculate these question...
Could you give me a hint how to do these questions? :(
View attachment 8449View attachment 8450

Attachments

• 42915215_171695103717337_4243462816985513984_n.jpg
    42915215_171695103717337_4243462816985513984_n.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 43241561_942734292587763_8988574515608944640_n.jpg
    43241561_942734292587763_8988574515608944640_n.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 86
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, Shirokuma!

Consider using partial fraction decomposition. You might need to use Cauchy's differentiation formula at some points.

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're stuck on these questions. Can you provide more details about the questions you're struggling with? That way, I can try to give you more specific advice on how to approach them. In general, when faced with a difficult question, it can be helpful to break it down into smaller parts and try to solve them one at a time.

Another tip is to review any relevant formulas or concepts that may be related to the questions. Sometimes, just refreshing your memory on a certain topic can make all the difference.

Lastly, don't be afraid to reach out for help from your classmates, teacher, or online resources. Collaborating and discussing the problem with others can often lead to a better understanding and solution.

I hope this helps and good luck with your questions!

1. What is the Cauchy Integral Formula?

The Cauchy Integral Formula is a fundamental theorem in complex analysis that relates the values of a holomorphic function at points inside a closed contour to the values of the function on the boundary of the contour. It is given by the formula:
f(a) = (1/2πi) ∫γ f(z)/ (z-a) dz, where γ is a closed contour and a is a point inside the contour.

2. What are some applications of the Cauchy Integral Formula?

The Cauchy Integral Formula has many applications in mathematics, physics, and engineering. It is used to calculate complex integrals, evaluate residues, and solve problems in potential theory. It also has applications in fluid dynamics, electromagnetism, and signal processing.

3. What is the difference between the Cauchy Integral Formula and the Cauchy Residue Theorem?

The Cauchy Residue Theorem is a special case of the Cauchy Integral Formula, where the function being integrated has a singularity at the point inside the contour. The Cauchy Residue Theorem states that the integral is equal to the residue of the function at that singularity. In contrast, the Cauchy Integral Formula applies to any holomorphic function inside the contour.

4. Can the Cauchy Integral Formula be extended to multiple dimensions?

Yes, the Cauchy Integral Formula can be extended to multiple dimensions. In higher dimensions, the integral involves integrating over a higher-dimensional surface or volume. This generalization is known as the Cauchy Integral Theorem.

5. Are there any limitations to the Cauchy Integral Formula?

The Cauchy Integral Formula is only applicable to holomorphic functions, which are functions that are differentiable at every point in their domain. It also only applies to closed contours that do not contain any singularities of the function being integrated. Additionally, the contour must be simple, meaning it does not intersect itself.