Producing Renewable Liquid Fuels from Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

In summary, the US Navy has a process to extract CO2 from seawater and use electricity generated by the nuclear power plant to produce kerosene for aircraft.
And a moment of Vonnegut:
1646329710063.png

Likes sophiecentaur
Engineering news on Phys.org
sophiecentaur said:
Overdosing on O2
See "Fire Safety Oxygen/Fire Codes;"
TeethWhitener said:
Atmospheric O2 was 50% higher 300 Mya:
...for perhaps 10 ms (Schuman resonance), first lightning strike; there might be an argument for 50 % higher atmospheric pressure, but what that might be...

hutchphd said:
And a moment of Vonnegut:
View attachment 297842
I think Vonnegut weathers a lot better than Groucho Marx.

Bystander said:
See "Fire Safety Oxygen/Fire Codes;"

...for perhaps 10 ms (Schuman resonance), first lightning strike; there might be an argument for 50 % higher atmospheric pressure, but what that might be...
I guess reading my link was too much to ask, so here’s a picture:
1646333431473.png

The atmospheric pressure was the same. The fraction of oxygen in the atmosphere was closer to 30% than the current 20%. This is well-established geologically.

TeethWhitener said:
The atmospheric pressure was the same. The fraction of oxygen in the atmosphere was closer to 30% than the current 20%. This is well-established geologically.
There is definitely some upper limit to stable atmospheric oxygen proportion, whatever it happens to be.

There has to be a difference between the energy required to lock CO2 away, chemically and producing a fuel with it. I realize it's an attractive idea to combine the two functions in one process but feasibility must be an issue