Q in Oxidation and reduction I want chack my answer

B) Cu ^2+ + 4 Nh3 -----> [Cu(NH3)4 ]^2+In this reaction, there is no change in oxidation states, so it is not a redox reaction. C) Ca + F2 ----- > CaF2In this reaction, there is a transfer of electrons from Ca to F2, so it is a redox reaction.In summary, there is one electron transferred in the first reaction (Cu + Ag ----- > Cu^+ + Ag) and eight electrons transferred in the second reaction (Zn + Cl2 ----- > ZnCl2). The third reaction (Ca + F2 ----- > CaF2) is a redox reaction as there is a transfer of
r-soy
Hi

1 )

show how many electron are transferred in the following equation

a ) Cu + Ag ----- > Cu^+ + Ag
B) Zn + cl2 ----- > ZnCl2

my answer is :
A) Cu ---- > Cu ^+ + ie-
1e + Ag^+ ----- > Ag

then the electron which transfer is ( 1 )

B ) Zn + cl2 ---- zncl2
Zn ------ > zn^+2 + 2e-
4e- cl2 ------- > 2cl

then the electron which transfer is ( 8 )

Q 2 : which of the following reaction are redox reacion :
a) Cl2 + 2OH^- ---- > ClO- + H2O
B) Cu ^2+ + 4 Nh3 -----> [Cu(NH3)4 ]^2+
C) Ca + f2 ----- > CaF2

I chose ( C) becuse here Oxidation and reduction in it

Physics news on Phys.org
. A) Cl2 + 2OH^- ---- > ClO- + H2OIn this reaction , two electrons are transferred from Cl2 to OH^- , so it is a redox reaction.

1. What is the definition of oxidation and reduction?

Oxidation and reduction are two chemical processes that involve the transfer of electrons between substances. Oxidation is the loss of electrons, while reduction is the gain of electrons.

2. How can I determine if a reaction is an oxidation or reduction?

In order to determine if a reaction is an oxidation or reduction, you can use the OIL RIG rule. OIL stands for oxidation is loss of electrons, and RIG stands for reduction is gain of electrons. If a substance is losing electrons, it is being oxidized, and if a substance is gaining electrons, it is being reduced.

3. Can you give an example of a common oxidation and reduction reaction?

A common example of oxidation and reduction is the reaction between iron and oxygen to form rust. In this reaction, iron is oxidized as it loses electrons to oxygen, which is reduced as it gains those electrons.

4. Is it possible for a substance to be both oxidized and reduced in a reaction?

Yes, it is possible for a substance to be both oxidized and reduced in a reaction. This is known as a disproportionation reaction, where a single substance is simultaneously oxidized and reduced to form two different products.

5. How are oxidation and reduction important in everyday life?

Oxidation and reduction play a crucial role in many everyday processes, such as combustion, digestion, and metabolism. They are also used in industrial processes, such as the production of metals and chemicals. In addition, many household cleaning products use oxidation and reduction reactions to remove stains and disinfect surfaces.