Question about Inverse Derivative Hyperbola function

In summary, the conversation is about solving an equation and the use of the hyperbola formula. The person is confused and made a mistake in their calculations, particularly with the square root part. They realize they should have squared the y^2 value at the end to eliminate the square root. The other person advises them to learn the proper way of doing calculus.
Vividly
TL;DR Summary
Question about inverse Tanhx
Im confused about a certain part of solving an equation. So I used the hyerbola formula to find the answer but I think I did the math wrong.
X^2-y^2=c^2
X=1
Y= (2x^5-1)^2
I did the calculations as you can see in the picture but I know I messed up on the square root part. When you square one side you have to square the whole other side.
So Far I got
1^2-((2x^5-1)^2)^2 =c^2
And as you can see in the picture the math is incorrect due to the process that's suppose to be done in math. When I square both sides I get a different answer when I simplify.
As you can see on the paper that where I am stuck because the answer is 5/2x-2x^6

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 77
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Vividly said:
Summary:: Question about inverse Tanhx

Im confused about a certain part of solving an equation. So I used the hyerbola formula to find the answer but I think I did the math wrong.
X^2-y^2=c^2
X=1
Y= (2x^5-1)^2
I did the calculations as you can see in the picture but I know I messed up on the square root part. When you square one side you have to square the whole other side.
So Far I got
1^2-((2x^5-1)^2)^2 =c^2
And as you can see in the picture the math is incorrect due to the process that's suppose to be done in math. When I square both sides I get a different answer when I simplify.
As you can see on the paper that where I am stuck because the answer is 5/2x-2x^6
As I mentioned on your previous post, it's not possible to keep trying to do calculus this way. Triangles and graphs get you started, but eventually you should learn the chain rule and the algebra of differentiation.

When you go wrong, then you are asking a lot for someone to take the time and effort to analyse this personal and peculiar approach - since no one else does it this way.

Perhaps someone else will have the time to look at this, but my advice is to start doing calculus properly.

There are different ways of doing math. As long as you follow the logic you can solve the problem. I do math in a way that I understand. I figured out what I did wrong. I was squaring the y^2 value to early in the problem. I was suppose to do it at the end to eliminate the square root.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 87

1. What is an inverse derivative hyperbola function?

An inverse derivative hyperbola function is a mathematical function that represents the inverse of the derivative of a hyperbola. It is written as f(x) = 1/x, where x is the independent variable and f(x) is the dependent variable.

2. How is an inverse derivative hyperbola function different from a regular hyperbola function?

An inverse derivative hyperbola function is different from a regular hyperbola function because it represents the inverse of the derivative, while a regular hyperbola function represents the direct relationship between two variables. In other words, the inverse derivative hyperbola function is the inverse of the slope of a regular hyperbola function.

3. What is the domain and range of an inverse derivative hyperbola function?

The domain of an inverse derivative hyperbola function is all real numbers except for 0, since the function cannot be defined at x = 0. The range is also all real numbers except for 0, since the function cannot output 0 as a value.

4. How is the graph of an inverse derivative hyperbola function shaped?

The graph of an inverse derivative hyperbola function is shaped like a rectangular hyperbola, with two branches extending towards the positive and negative infinity on the x-axis. The graph never touches the x-axis, but gets closer and closer to it as x approaches infinity.

5. What are some real-life applications of inverse derivative hyperbola functions?

Inverse derivative hyperbola functions can be used in economics to model the relationship between supply and demand. They can also be used in physics to describe the relationship between velocity and time in certain types of motion, such as free fall. Additionally, they have applications in engineering and biology.