Question about irrationality and irrational language <moved>

In summary, the brain's prefrontal cortex is responsible for interpreting and processing rational thoughts and language, while non-rationality is the default state. Some studies have also shown that certain brain areas may be involved in processing puns and wordplays, which are a type of irrational language. More research is needed in this area.
timeuser84
What part of the brain and/or mind does interpreting irrationality or irational language exersize/use?

Hi, I couldn't find anything about this on nets and also went on a teachers forum and still haven't herd back from them for about 1 month or over a month now so I am positng this question here if anyone knows. I also went to a phycology forum that I am a member of to ask and they wouldn't authorize me into there forums after resetting my password since i forgot it. I have no idea why they did that, I don't think I broke any of the forum rules there.

Science news on Phys.org
I think a study has been done comparing brain activity, in some way, between word sounds that make sense together and similar sounds that don't form words (gibberish).

Not sure if that's what you want, but I don't remember where I saw that anyway.

timeuser84 said:
What part of the brain and/or mind does interpreting irrationality or irational language exersize/use?
I'm afraid irrationality (well, more like just non-rationality, not outright irrationality) is the default setup and it's the rationality which is developed later on and can be assigned to certain areas (the prefrontal cortex, as I recall).

Ps.: I've seen some articles about brain areas related to puns and wordplays. If that specific type of irrationality is a matter of interest then you may do some googlework on that direction...

Last edited:
Thanks, much appreciated

What is irrationality?

Irrationality refers to the state of being illogical, unreasonable, or lacking in rational thought. It is often associated with emotions and behaviors that are not based on facts or evidence.

What is irrational language?

Irrational language is language that is illogical, inconsistent, or lacking in rational thought. It may involve the use of fallacies, emotional appeals, or other forms of faulty reasoning.

What are some examples of irrationality?

Examples of irrationality can include superstitious beliefs, conspiracy theories, and cognitive biases. It can also manifest in irrational fears, impulsive behaviors, and irrational decision-making.

How does irrationality affect decision-making?

Irrationality can greatly impact decision-making by leading individuals to make choices that are not based on logic or evidence. This can result in poor outcomes and can hinder problem-solving abilities.

Can irrationality be overcome?

While everyone is susceptible to irrational thoughts and behaviors, it is possible to overcome them by practicing critical thinking skills, seeking out diverse perspectives, and being open to new information. Therapy and self-reflection can also help individuals address and manage their irrational tendencies.