Question sound hammer damage objects in room

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential damage to objects and DVD discs inside a closed room due to the noise and sound waves generated by hammering. It is concluded that the dB level from hammering is unlikely to cause damage to the objects, but could potentially harm one's ears. The conversation also touches on the effects of moisture and humidity on the storage of the discs.
gamer87
I was inside a closed room and I used a hammer in wood and metal, the noise and sound and sound waves generated by the hammer beating may have damaged and cracked objects and DVD discs that are inside the same room?

Physics news on Phys.org
Only if you hit them with the hammer... :wink:

Likes russ_watters
If the hammering was so loud that it ruptured your eardrums, shattered your windows and knocked pictures off your walls, maybe but still probably not.

this caused resonance q damaged and cracked items inside boxes? what is the physics explanation for my doubt? itens of plastic material and dvd discs in the same room

gamer87 said:
this caused resonance q damaged and cracked items inside boxes? what is the physics explanation for my doubt? itens of plastic material and dvd discs in the same room

Your obsession with questions like this is not healthy. This thread is likely to get closed just like your last one in December...

gamer87 said:
cardboard box absorbs moisture and will it sweat moisture?

plastic bag holds moisture and it will also sweat moisture inside the cardboard box?

if this occurs is it bad for the storage of the disks that are inside the box?

i'm not talking about cardboard box and humidity I'm talking about sound waves through the air

1. What is question sound hammer damage?

Question sound hammer damage refers to the potential damage that can be caused to objects in a room when a loud or sudden noise, such as the sound of a hammer hitting a surface, is produced.

2. How does question sound hammer damage occur?

Question sound hammer damage occurs when the sound waves produced by a loud or sudden noise, such as a hammer hitting a surface, cause vibrations in nearby objects. These vibrations can lead to damage or even breakage of the objects.

3. What types of objects are most susceptible to question sound hammer damage?

Objects that are made of fragile materials, such as glass or ceramics, are most susceptible to question sound hammer damage. This is because these materials are more likely to break or shatter when exposed to strong vibrations.

4. Can question sound hammer damage be prevented?

Yes, question sound hammer damage can be prevented by using soundproofing materials, such as foam or rubber, to absorb the sound waves and reduce the vibrations that can cause damage to objects in a room. It is also important to handle loud tools, such as hammers, carefully to minimize the impact of their sound.

5. Are there any long-term effects of question sound hammer damage?

In some cases, repeated exposure to question sound hammer damage can lead to long-term effects on objects, such as weakening or cracking over time. It is important to take precautions to prevent this type of damage to ensure the longevity of objects in a room.