Is This Math Prep Plan Suitable for a Future in Physics?

• Algebra
  • Thread starter amar654
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game Plan
In summary, the conversation discusses the individual's desire to start from the beginning and build a strong foundation in math before starting university. They mention following a specific path of Algebra 1 and 2, Geometry, Trig, Pre Calc, and Calc, and also ask for book recommendations for Algebra and Geometry. They plan to dedicate 5-6 hours a day to studying and mention wanting to have a strong math background for a potential future in physics. They also mention their preference for physical books over online textbooks.
amar654
Hi. So my knowledge of math has regressed to very very basic. I want to start from the beginning and build a solid foundation. So the path I've created for my self before starting my uni education is;
Algebra 1 and 2
Geometry
Trig
Pre Calc
Calc

And then once I get to uni ill start with the Calc for science course.

My questions are;
Is this a good path?
What book would be perfect for Algebra and Geometry? (As in the best author or something)
Should I learn Algebra and Geometry at the same time? Ill have 5-6 hours a day to really focus on this (I have a addictive personality)

I want to get a very high level of math behind me and hope to have a future in physics

Likes timeuntotime
Physics news on Phys.org
amar654 said:
my knowledge of math has regressed to very very basic
:welcome:
Can I ask you what your age is (just to make sure you understand the books I recommend)?

Just use OpenStax Books,They are good and free.
and Geometry (after you learn basic things,like pythagorean theorem and finding slop, equation of line and finding area and volume of some shapes you which the first part is important for calculus), You must learn it alongside with your last Algebra course or Pre-calculus course.

Wrichik Basu said:
:welcome:
Can I ask you what your age is (just to make sure you understand the books I recommend)?

I am 21.

And the thing with online textbooks is; currently I don't have a computer only a smart phone, and using online books on this would annoy me. Also, and I really don't understand why, I prefer physical books. Always have.

amar654 said:
Algebra 1 and 2
Geometry
Trig
Pre Calc
Calc

What's the difference between Algebra 1,2 and Pre Calc ? other than that it feels correct.

What is a game plan?

A game plan is a strategic plan or approach that outlines the steps and actions needed to achieve a specific goal or objective in a game, sport, or competition.

Why is having a game plan important?

Having a game plan is important because it helps to provide structure and direction to a game, and allows for more efficient and effective decision-making during gameplay. It also helps to keep players focused and working towards a common goal.

How do you create a game plan?

Creating a game plan involves analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of both your team and your opponents, identifying key objectives and strategies, and developing a plan of action to achieve those objectives. It is also important to be flexible and make adjustments as needed during gameplay.

What should be included in a game plan?

A game plan should include the objectives and strategies for achieving those objectives, specific plays or actions to be taken, and any potential contingencies or adjustments that may need to be made during gameplay. It should also take into account the strengths and weaknesses of both your team and your opponents.

How often should a game plan be updated?

A game plan should be updated as needed, depending on the changes in the game or competition. It is important to regularly reassess and adjust the game plan to stay competitive and address any new challenges or opportunities that may arise.