Recovering a Deleted Post: Is it Possible?

• Thread starter TylerH
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a user trying to retrieve a link to a book that was included in a deleted post on a forum. The user was hoping to also find out the username of the person who posted the link in order to thank them. The user had reported the issue but received no response. It was mentioned that the post was not made by a mentor and speculation was made as to why it may have been deleted. The suggestion was made to check the browser's history to see if the link was still accessible.
TylerH
[Solved]Get a deleted post back?

There was a post in https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=489745 that contained a link to a book I was going to buy but it was deleted before I saved the link. I can't remember the name of the book or the user. Is there anyway I could get that link and, at the discretion of the moderator, the username of the post-er, so as to thank him/her?

I reported the thread, with a description of my problem, but have received no reponse. I'm assuming they didn't like the fact I reported a post that wasn't inappropriate.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It was Landau's Foundations of Analysis. Thanks.

The member deleted his post, it was not a mentor.

I assumed so, seeing as it was on topic and not inappropriate. I just don't understand why...

Maybe it's still in your cache (if you can identify it from your browser's "History")?

Related to Recovering a Deleted Post: Is it Possible?

What is a deleted post and why would someone want to get it back?

A deleted post is a piece of content that was previously published on a website or social media platform but has been removed by the user or administrator. People may want to get a deleted post back if they accidentally deleted it or changed their mind about removing it.

Is it possible to retrieve a deleted post?

In most cases, yes. Many websites and social media platforms have a feature that allows users to recover deleted posts within a certain time frame. However, if the post was permanently deleted or the platform does not have a recovery feature, it may not be possible to retrieve it.

How can I get a deleted post back?

The process for retrieving a deleted post varies depending on the platform. Generally, you can check your account settings or help center for an option to recover deleted posts. If the platform does not have a recovery feature, you may need to contact their customer support for assistance.

Can I get a deleted post back if I don't remember its exact content?

It may be more challenging to retrieve a deleted post if you do not remember its exact content. However, if you have a rough idea of what the post was about or when it was published, you can try searching for it using keywords or in your browser's history. Alternatively, you can also reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.

Are there any risks or consequences to getting a deleted post back?

In most cases, there are no risks or consequences to retrieving a deleted post. However, if the post was removed for violating the platform's terms of service or if it contained sensitive or confidential information, there may be legal implications for attempting to retrieve it. It is always best to check the platform's guidelines and terms of service before trying to get a deleted post back.