Refresh a page on the Physics Forums website

• Thread starter Stevedye56
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses warnings that appear on the Physics Forums website when refreshing a page. These warnings could be related to a system error or a server issue. Some users experience them frequently, but they are advised to ignore them as they are not a major problem. The problem may also be resolved soon with the implementation of a new server.
Stevedye56
Whenever I refresh a page on the Physics Forums website i get anywhere from 2-5 warnings on the top of the page, something like a system error. I am not sure if I am the only one with this problem. Its only been today too so I guess it will go away.

-Steve

heres an example i just got.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://physicspost.com/rss.php ) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! 450 Policy violation in /includes/init.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 218

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I get those fartin' things at least once every couple of days. Just ignore them and they go away.

ok wasnt sure if it was something crappy

Merely annoying, from my experience with them so far.

See the thread a few down about us getting a new server soon. Most of the annoying problems we're having are related to the server causing trouble and being overwhelmed.

Related to Refresh a page on the Physics Forums website

1. How do I refresh a page on the Physics Forums website?

To refresh a page on the Physics Forums website, simply click on the circular arrow icon next to the website's URL in your web browser's address bar. Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + R" on a PC or "Command + R" on a Mac.

2. Why should I refresh a page on the Physics Forums website?

Refreshing a page on the Physics Forums website can help to ensure that you are viewing the most up-to-date version of the webpage. This is especially important when browsing forums, as new posts and discussions may have been added since your last visit.

3. Can I refresh a specific section of a page on the Physics Forums website?

Yes, you can refresh a specific section of a page on the Physics Forums website by using the "Refresh" or "Reload" option in your web browser's right-click menu. This will reload only the selected section of the page, instead of the entire page.

4. How often should I refresh a page on the Physics Forums website?

There is no set frequency for refreshing a page on the Physics Forums website. It is recommended to refresh the page whenever you want to see the most recent updates or changes. However, constantly refreshing a page may slow down your browsing experience.

5. Will refreshing a page on the Physics Forums website delete my previous data?

No, refreshing a page on the Physics Forums website will not delete your previous data. It simply reloads the page, but your previous data will still be stored in your browser's cache. If you want to clear your cache and start with a completely clean page, you can use the "Clear browsing data" option in your web browser's settings.