Resume improvement -- How best to word this experience?

In summary, the conversation discusses how to summarize code development using the molecular dynamics method for a resume. Suggestions are made to highlight the specific topic and relevant skills such as familiarity with Python and the Simpy package. The best phrasing ultimately depends on the job being applied for.
Auteng
Hi
I wrote a code in a specific topic, for example, Molecular dynamics

How can I state it in my resume?

"Code development of water transport through a carbon nanotube with the molecular dynamics method."
"Molecular dynamics simulation of water transport through a carbon nanotube."
OR?

If someone expert in English please guide me
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Not a native speaker, but the second sounds better I think.
The best phrasing depends on the job you apply to. Highlight what is the most interesting for the position you apply to.

Likes berkeman
I agree the second sounds better, but I'm not sure it's actually more effective on a resume, because the reader doesn't know anything about what was required to do it.

What about: "Simulated water transport through a carbon nanotube using [Python] and the [simpy] package(s)."

(fill in brackets/parenthesis as needed)

It should depend on what the Resume is for, i.e. if you want to show to show (i.e. think that the most important thing for whoever this is for) that you have experience in coding the first version sounds better, if you want to stress your experience with molecular dynamics the second one, if familiarity with python and simpy specifically is important something along the lines of the third version and so on...

Likes DEvens

1. What is the purpose of a resume?

The purpose of a resume is to showcase your skills, qualifications, and experiences to potential employers. It should highlight your achievements and demonstrate why you are a strong candidate for a particular job or position.

2. How should I format my resume?

Your resume should be well-organized and easy to read. Use a clear and professional font, and make sure to include headings and bullet points to break up large blocks of text. It is also important to keep your resume to one or two pages in length.

3. What is the best way to word my experience?

When describing your experience, use action verbs and be specific about your accomplishments. Quantify your achievements whenever possible and tailor your language to the job or industry you are applying for. Also, try to use industry-specific keywords to make your resume more relevant to the position.

4. Should I include all of my work experience on my resume?

No, your resume should only include relevant work experience that is related to the job you are applying for. You can also include volunteer experience, internships, or extracurricular activities if they showcase relevant skills or qualities.

5. How often should I update my resume?

It is a good idea to update your resume whenever you acquire new skills or experiences, or at least every six months. This ensures that your resume is always up-to-date and ready to be sent out to potential employers.