Review of Hidden In Plain Sight Series

In summary, the conversation discusses a 7-book series by Andrew Thomas that delves into topics such as the connection between relativity and quantum mechanics, the equation of the universe, and other conjectures. While the books are affordable, the accuracy of the author's conclusions is questioned. Reviews on Amazon are mixed, with some claiming the author gets a lot of things wrong. It is suggested that the better reviews may be from laymen, while those who already have knowledge on the topics may have more critical reviews.
Andy_K
Gold Member
Has anyone read the 7-book series http://amzn.to/2lwgn66 by Andrew Thomas?

B18gCSgZzpS._SL250_FMpng_.png

Just wondering what you think of his conjectures / speculations at the final sections of each book, i.e. on the link between relativity and quantum mechanics, equation of the universe, etc...

I like that he segregates the interesting topics into different books and the price of $0.99 is very affordable, but I don't have enough knowledge to determine whether his conclusions are accurate or flawed. Is he a reputable physicist with many peer-reviewed papers?

Would appreciate some feedback if you've read any of the books. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Did you check out the reviews on Amazon? At least one says he gets a LOT of stuff wrong and there's a lot of fantasy.

Yup I did check out the reviews, but each book seems to average 4 to 4.5 stars, so I am not sure which reviews are more accurate :)

I didn't look in detail but it's quite possible that the better reviews are from laymen and the poor reviews are from folks who actually already know the stuff he's talking about. You'd need to really go through the reviews to tell and I'm not going to do that. Maybe someone here will have read one or more and can give you a more direct answer.

Likes Andy_K

1. What is the purpose of the "Hidden In Plain Sight" series?

The "Hidden In Plain Sight" series is a review of various scientific concepts and phenomena that are often overlooked or not well understood. It aims to shed light on these topics and provide a deeper understanding of the world around us.

2. Who is the target audience for this series?

The target audience for the "Hidden In Plain Sight" series is anyone with an interest in science and a desire to learn more about the natural world. It is suitable for both casual readers and those with a more advanced understanding of scientific concepts.

3. How is the series structured?

The series is structured as a collection of articles, each focusing on a specific topic. Each article provides a brief overview of the topic, followed by a more in-depth analysis and explanation of key concepts. References and further reading suggestions are also provided for those who wish to delve deeper into the subject.

4. Is the "Hidden In Plain Sight" series peer-reviewed?

Yes, the series is peer-reviewed by a team of scientists with expertise in the different topics covered. This ensures the accuracy and credibility of the information presented in the series.

5. Can readers suggest topics for the "Hidden In Plain Sight" series?

Yes, we welcome suggestions for future topics in the series. Readers can submit their ideas through our website or social media channels. Our team will review all suggestions and consider them for future articles.