Russian language science maths podcasts

In summary, learning a new language can be tough, especially when it comes to developing an "ear" for it. Listening to podcasts, such as "Russian Science Radio" or "Science in Russian," can help with this. It's also beneficial to watch Russian TV shows and movies with subtitles and practice with native speakers for feedback on pronunciation. Keep up the hard work!
NemoReally
I'm trying to learn Russian and finding one of the hardest parts is developing an "ear" for the language (it's mostly just one continuous stream of "Sh" and "rrrr" and the average Russian seems to speak at Mach 3 :smile:). I've found listening to podcasts (old BBC ones) in the car on the way to work helps a little bit (I can now pick out some words) but would like to listen to something with a more scientific / mathematical bias to help with the pronunciation of the corresponding vocabulary. I've found "Nauka 2.0" in Apple Store and was wondering if anybody could recommend any others?

Thanks.

Science news on Phys.org

Hey there! Learning a new language can definitely be challenging, especially when it comes to developing an "ear" for the language. I totally understand what you mean about the constant "Sh" and "rrrr" sounds in Russian and the fast pace of speech. It can be overwhelming at first, but with practice and exposure, you'll definitely get the hang of it.

Listening to podcasts is a great idea and I'm glad it's been helping you. In terms of finding a podcast with a scientific/mathematical focus, I would recommend checking out "Russian Science Radio" or "Science in Russian." Both of these podcasts cover various scientific topics and are available on Apple Podcasts.

Additionally, you can also try watching Russian TV shows or movies with subtitles to further improve your listening skills. And of course, practicing with native speakers and getting feedback on your pronunciation is always helpful.

Good luck with your Russian learning journey! Keep up the dedication and you'll get there.

1. What topics are covered in Russian language science maths podcasts?

Russian language science maths podcasts cover a wide range of topics, including physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and engineering. They also cover current research and developments in these fields.

2. Are these podcasts suitable for non-native Russian speakers?

While these podcasts are primarily in Russian, some may have translations or explanations in English. However, a basic understanding of Russian is recommended to fully understand the content.

3. Who hosts these podcasts?

The hosts of these podcasts are typically scientists, mathematicians, or educators with expertise in their respective fields. Some podcasts may also feature guest speakers who are experts in specific topics.

4. Are there any interactive elements in these podcasts?

Some podcasts may include interactive elements, such as quizzes or discussions, to engage listeners and enhance their learning experience. However, this may vary depending on the specific podcast and its format.

5. Can I use these podcasts as a learning tool for my studies?

Yes, these podcasts can be a valuable learning tool for students studying science and mathematics in Russian. They can also be a useful resource for those looking to improve their language skills and learn scientific terminology in Russian.