Saturn V Rocket Blog: Is Promoting My Work Spam?

• Thread starter RogerPink
  • Start date
I am afraid your blog post would be considered spam.In summary, the conversation discussed the removal of a blog post about the Saturn V Rocket due to it being considered as advertising on Physics Forums. The writer questioned whether it would have been better to lie and pretend to have stumbled upon the blog, but ultimately did not want to do so. The post was taken down due to the forum's policy of not allowing links to external blogs. The moderators stated that the post would have been removed regardless of the content and that they try to maintain consistency in their moderation.

Should my post have been deleted

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
RogerPink
I recently wrote a blog about the Saturn V Rocket and posted it here with a link to the blog where I wrote it (which is in a different forum). The post was taken down as advertising. Is this really Physics Forums policy? Would I have been better off lying and saying something like "I came across this blog and it was interesting". I don't want to lie. I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong here.

I spent days researching and writing the article. No registration is required to view it. Basically I'm saying, I wrote this, I'm proud of it, please look if you're interested. Is trying to make a relevant audience aware of my hard work really considered spam?

Judge for yourselves. Here is a link to the blog:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately this new forum version no longer allows blogs and we have a policy not to link to blogs since we have no control over the content. I understand how you feel. It's not a critique of your blog

Closed pending moderation discussion.

Last edited:
RogerPink said:
Would I have been better off lying and saying something like "I came across this blog and it was interesting".

If it makes you feel better - link would get deleted for exactly the same reasons Evo posted above. We do our best to be consistent about the way forum is moderated.

1. What is a Saturn V Rocket?

The Saturn V Rocket is a type of rocket used by NASA in the Apollo missions to send astronauts to the moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

2. Why is a Saturn V Rocket blog discussing spam and promoting work?

The blog is discussing the use of a Saturn V Rocket as a metaphor for promoting one's work, and whether this promotion can be considered spam or not.

3. What is the definition of spam in this context?

In this context, spam refers to the excessive or unsolicited promotion of one's work or content, often through repetitive or intrusive means.

4. Is promoting my work through a Saturn V Rocket blog considered spam?

It depends on the frequency and manner in which the promotion is done. If it is done excessively or in a way that is perceived as intrusive, it may be considered spam. However, if it is done in a genuine and respectful manner, it may not be seen as spam.

5. How can I promote my work without being spammy?

Some ways to promote your work without being spammy include creating valuable and relevant content, engaging with your audience, and using a variety of channels and tactics rather than solely relying on one method. It is also important to be mindful of the frequency and manner in which you promote your work to avoid coming across as spammy.