Sci-Fi Science on the Science Channel

In summary, Sci-Fi Science is a new series on the Science Channel that discusses science that could never be applied in the future. It is hosted by Dr. Michio Kaku and has only aired a few episodes.
Dembadon
Gold Member
"Sci-Fi Science" on the Science Channel

We stumbled across what appears to be a new series on the Science Channel a couple nights ago. Sci-Fi Science, as it's named, is hosted by Dr. Michio Kaku and has only run a few episodes. I was wondering if anyone has seen it.

Here is a link to a few clips from the show:

http://science.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=sci-fi+science

I've set my DVR to record the series, hoping that we've stumbled upon a rare gem. We watched the "Traveling at Warp Speed" episode.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
We love shows like that. We're going to watch all of them.

Too bad the syphilis, er I mean the "syfy" channel (no matter how many times I read that it still looks retarded) can't have something like this instead of the ultra-lame ghost hunting shows.

Is it online somewhere? Or TV only?

erok81 said:
Is it online somewhere? Or TV only?

TV only, as far as I know.

leroyjenkens said:
We love shows like that. We're going to watch all of them.

We = My wife and I.

I just realized how schizophrenic my post sounded; very Golem-like in nature. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dembadon said:
We = My wife and I.

I just realized how schizophrenic my post sounded; very Golem-like in nature. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its ok. There are plenty of you poor married bastards around on PF so we are used to your crazy broken ramblings. ;-)

TheStatutoryApe said:
Its ok. There are plenty of you poor married bastards around on PF so we are used to your crazy broken ramblings. ;-)

You got dumped recently, eh? :biggrin:

I saw part of one show: Viewer beware. The ideas discussed appear to be quite exotic. Experience has shown that discussions like those in the show can leave false impressions on those not familiar with the subjects. In many cases we may be talking about science that could never [in the foreseable future, if ever] be applied to a practical system. In other cases we are considering ideas that come from specific camps in physics; in the case of Michio Kaku, the M-Theory camp, or his version of it. Often, not all physicists agree with the statements made. In a worst case [hopefully], minority views may be expressed as if a consensus view.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
You got dumped recently, eh? :biggrin:

I saw part of one show: Viewer beware. The ideas discussed appear to be quite exotic. Experience has shown that discussions like those in the show can leave false impressions on those not familiar with the subjects. In many cases we may be talking about science that could never [in the foreseable future, if ever] be applied to a practical system. In other cases we are considering ideas that come from specific camps in physics; in the case of Michio Kaku, the M-Theory camp, or his version of it. Often, not all physicists agree with the statements made. In a worst case [hopefully], minority views may be expressed as if a consensus view.

Kinda like that dude who was making a time machine out of lasers. They made some documentaries, TV shows, movies and action figures about it before they even knew if it was possible.

TheStatutoryApe said:
... so we are used to your crazy broken ramblings. ;-)

So's my wife. :rofl:

Thanks for the heads-up, Ivan. We'll view with caution. :wink:

1. What is "Sci-Fi Science" on the Science Channel?

"Sci-Fi Science" is a television show that explores the intersection of science and science fiction. It delves into how science fiction concepts and technology could become a reality in the future.

2. Who hosts "Sci-Fi Science" on the Science Channel?

The show is hosted by physicist and author Dr. Michio Kaku. He is known for his work in theoretical physics and has written several books on the topic.

3. What topics are covered in "Sci-Fi Science" on the Science Channel?

The show covers a wide range of topics, including space travel, time travel, artificial intelligence, and other futuristic technologies. It also explores the science behind popular science fiction concepts and how they could potentially be realized in the future.

4. Are the concepts discussed on "Sci-Fi Science" realistic?

While some of the concepts may seem far-fetched, they are all based on real scientific principles and theories. The show aims to explore the potential of these theories becoming a reality in the future.

5. Is "Sci-Fi Science" appropriate for all ages?

The show is generally suitable for all ages, but some younger viewers may not understand all of the scientific concepts being discussed. However, the show does a good job of breaking down complex ideas in a way that is easily understandable for a wide audience.