Seeking the toughest problem books on mechanical properties of solids and fluids for olympiads

Pickle Rick
TL;DR Summary: I need the toughest problem books for mechanical properties of solids and mechanical properties of fluids, much better if they're relevant for olympiads.

I need the toughest problem books for mechanical properties of solids and mechanical properties of fluids, much better if they're relevant for olympiads.

I do have a list of books here:

BEER AND JOHNSTON
BC PUNMIA
Ramamruthum
RC HIBBELER
rk rajput

"Advanced Mechanics of Materials" by Arthur P. Boresi and Richard J. Schmidt
"Advanced Strength and Applied Elasticity" by Ansel C. Ugural and Saul K. Fenster
"Mechanical Behavior of Materials" by Marc André Meyers and

The answer can of course be out of these books, im not even sure of their quality of quesitons

1. What is the purpose of seeking the toughest problem books on mechanical properties of solids and fluids for olympiads?

The purpose of seeking these problem books is to challenge and improve one's understanding and problem-solving skills in the field of mechanical properties of solids and fluids. These books often contain complex and difficult problems that require advanced knowledge and critical thinking to solve, making them ideal for preparing for olympiads and other competitive exams.

2. Are these problem books suitable for all levels of expertise?

No, these books are typically designed for advanced students who have a strong foundation in mechanics and are looking to further their understanding and skills. They may not be suitable for beginners or those with limited knowledge in this subject. It is important to choose a book that matches your level of expertise to get the most out of it.

3. How can these problem books benefit me as a student?

These problem books can help you develop a deeper understanding of mechanical properties of solids and fluids, improve your problem-solving skills, and prepare you for competitive exams. They also provide an opportunity to practice and apply the concepts learned in class to real-world problems, making your learning more comprehensive and effective.

4. Can these problem books be used for self-study?

Yes, these problem books can be used for self-study. However, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of the subject before attempting to solve the problems in these books. It is also helpful to have a mentor or teacher who can guide you and provide feedback on your progress.

5. Where can I find these problem books?

These problem books can be found in bookstores, online retailers, or through educational institutions. You can also find resources and recommendations from online forums and communities dedicated to olympiad preparation. It is important to do some research and read reviews before purchasing a problem book to ensure it meets your needs and level of expertise.