Software for Nuclear Power Plant Operation Simulation/Analysis?

In summary: Likely, such software for a fast reactor is unique to the particular fast reactor, e.g., EBR-I, EBR-II, FFTFTPhenix, BN-350, BN-600, . . .Wouldn't the manufacturers of the reactors include operations software upon delivery? I'd think they'd have a vested interest to deliver a standardized package rather than letting every customer write their own.
law&theorem
Are there some kind of software for nuclear power plant (PWR and other plant type like LMFBR) operation simulation/analysis software, not safety analysis software like RELAP and TRAC ?
If you know, please tell me !

Engineering news on Phys.org
law&theorem said:
Are there some kind of software for nuclear power plant (PWR and other plant type like LMFBR) operation simulation/analysis software, not safety analysis software like RELAP and TRAC ?

Nobody knows that ?

law&theorem said:
In what kind of software is one interested? For fast reactors, most are reasearch reactors and they probably use a plant specific simulator.

For LWRs (both PWR and BWR), there are vendor codes, and there are independent codes like SIMULATE from StudsvikScandpower. Ostensibly, if one does the lattice code for a fast spectrum and fast reactor geometry, then one could simulate a fast reactor with a code like simulate.

For thermal hydraulics and safety analysis, there are VIPRE and RETRAN, or one can use COBRA-IIIC or some derivative.

If one is ambitious, one could try a CFD code like STAR-CCM/STAR-CD (CD-Adapco) or ANSYS-CFX.

Astronuc said:
In what kind of software is one interested? For fast reactors, most are reasearch reactors and they probably use a plant specific simulator.

For LWRs (both PWR and BWR), there are vendor codes, and there are independent codes like SIMULATE from StudsvikScandpower. Ostensibly, if one does the lattice code for a fast spectrum and fast reactor geometry, then one could simulate a fast reactor with a code like simulate.

For thermal hydraulics and safety analysis, there are VIPRE and RETRAN, or one can use COBRA-IIIC or some derivative.

If one is ambitious, one could try a CFD code like STAR-CCM/STAR-CD (CD-Adapco) or ANSYS-CFX.

Thank you for your reply.
I'm interested in fast reactor power plant's operation software, especially the operation mode simulation software and thermal/ analysis software.

Really there isn't software like that laying around on the internet for free. People (or companies) that want / need such software write it themselves or pay someone to write it. I don't really know about fast reactor designs, but for LWRs, plant simulation software typically takes thousands of manhours to put together, and normally is an evolutionary development of previous work that may have taken tens of thousands of hours. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for.

gmax137 said:
Really there isn't software like that laying around on the internet for free. People (or companies) that want / need such software write it themselves or pay someone to write it. I don't really know about fast reactor designs, but for LWRs, plant simulation software typically takes thousands of manhours to put together, and normally is an evolutionary development of previous work that may have taken tens of thousands of hours. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for.
That's really a key/critical point. Not only do such software take tens of thousands of manhours to develop and maintain, the software as to be developed, maintained and applied under a rigorous QA program. Such software packages can cost $100k's.

Likely, such software for a fast reactor is unique to the particular fast reactor, e.g., EBR-I, EBR-II, FFTF, Phenix, BN-350, BN-600, . . .

Wouldn't the manufacturers of the reactors include operations software upon delivery? I'd think they'd have a vested interest to deliver a standardized package rather than letting every customer write their own.

Or am I missing something?

What is operation analysis software?

Operation analysis software is a type of computer program that helps businesses and organizations analyze their operations and processes. It uses data and algorithms to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for increasing efficiency and productivity.

What are the key features of operation analysis software?

Some common features of operation analysis software include process mapping, data visualization, performance tracking, simulation and forecasting, and optimization tools. These features allow users to gain insights into their operations and make data-driven decisions for improvement.

How does operation analysis software benefit businesses?

Operation analysis software can help businesses save time and resources by identifying inefficiencies and areas for improvement. It can also increase productivity and profitability by streamlining processes and optimizing resources.

What types of organizations can benefit from using operation analysis software?

Any organization that has complex operations and processes can benefit from using operation analysis software. This includes manufacturing companies, logistics and supply chain businesses, healthcare organizations, and service-based industries like banking and finance.

Is operation analysis software difficult to use?

The difficulty of using operation analysis software depends on the specific program and the user's level of experience and expertise. Some programs may have a steeper learning curve, but many offer user-friendly interfaces and tutorials to help users get started.