Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept

In summary, the conversation discusses the Space Time Frame Drag effect and its potential application in creating a Space Time Frame Drag Engine. The concept involves using two super heavy, spiracle objects in close proximity, with opposite spins, to potentially create forward motion. The conversation also mentions the possibility of using two counter-rotating black holes or objects made from the heaviest, stable element known to man, such as Osmium. The conversation ends with a question about the potential effects of infinite density and counter-rotation approaching the speed of light.
Pepurr
This occurred to me when I first heard of the Space Time Frame Drag effect, which was confirmed by the results of Gravity Probe B (GP-B). http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/04may_epic/"
I am not a scientist or a mathematician, so I turn to my fellow humans who are. Do you think this would work?

Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept
What if one was to have two super heavy, spiracle objects in space that were in close proximity to each other and their spin was in opposite directions? Would the effects of space time frame dragging cause both objects to move forward?

Perhaps one day in the future humanity could use two counter-rotating black holes. For now I propose using two objects made from the heaviest, stable element known to man. Perhaps something like Osmium.

Experiment:
Items needed:

2 ea. Spiracle, super heavy masses.
1 ea. Weightless environment.
1 ea. Laser range finder.
1 ea. Highest RPM motor man can build.

Set up in a way that the motor drives the Spiracle, super heavy masses so that they are counter-rotating.
Set up laser range finder in such a way as to detect any forward motion of the spires.

Possible Application:Use as drive for spacecraft .

Space_Time_Frame_Drag.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
New Thought:

What would happen if the super heavy spiracle masses approached infinite density and their counter-rotation approached the speed of light? What would happen to the space time matrix between them?

20 hours, and not one bit of scholarly thought on this. I am very disappointed. I best seek advice elsewhere. :confused:

1. What is a Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept?

A Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept is a theoretical propulsion system that utilizes the gravitational pull of a massive object, such as a planet or star, to propel a spacecraft through space. It is based on the principle that any object with mass can bend the fabric of space-time, creating an effect known as frame dragging.

2. How does a Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept work?

The engine would work by creating a rotating frame around the spacecraft, which would interact with the frame dragging effect of the massive object. This interaction would create a propulsion force that could be harnessed to propel the spacecraft forward.

3. Is a Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept possible?

Currently, a Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept is purely theoretical and has not been proven to be possible. However, some scientists believe that with advancements in technology and a better understanding of frame dragging, it could potentially be developed in the future.

4. What are the potential advantages of a Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept?

A Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept could potentially allow for faster and more efficient space travel. It would not require any fuel, as it utilizes the natural forces of the universe, and could potentially reach speeds close to the speed of light.

5. Are there any challenges to developing a Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept?

There are several challenges to developing a Space Time Frame Drag Engine Concept. One major challenge is the need for a large, massive object to interact with, which may not always be available. Additionally, the technology and engineering required to create and control the rotating frame would be complex and difficult to achieve.