Spiderman: No Way Home - Impressive VFX & Nice Score

• Thread starter ergospherical
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary, the conversation was about a recent movie that the speaker had seen and enjoyed. They praised the simple yet well-executed concept, the mixture of comedy and poignant moments, and the impressive visual effects and score. They also mentioned being excited for a particular scene and the post-credit scene. The conversation also touched on the promotional material potentially giving away spoilers, but the overall consensus was that the movie was one of the best in the MCU and stayed true to the character.
ergospherical
I just got back from the cinema - really enjoyed this one! Very simple concept but well executed, with a good mix of both comedic and poignant moments (along with a hearty portion of fan-service). And, as you come to expect from Marvel, impressive VFX (especially whenever Dr Strange & the mirror dimension were involved) and a nice score. What did you think?

Thought that the three Peter's had really natural chemistry (figuratively... and literally, at one point), but it was also fun to watch all of the little exchanges between the characters who knew each other from the previous films. And Garfield being the one to catch MJ was a nice touch!

I wonder what Marvel have planned for Spiderman's next outing, with Peter now having become a nobody once more. I guess that's it for MJ (Zendaya can probably count on Dune to pay the bills for the next few years...) whilst Ned might appear as a trainee-sorcerer in the next Dr Strange film. Given the mid-credits scene, it's probably safe to say that the next villain will be MCU-ified-Venom. Daredevil (from the TV show) also made a cameo appearance early on, so might show up too!

And I don't know whether any of Doc Ock/Electro/Green Goblin/Sandman/Curt or Peter 2/Peter 3 will return, or whether this was a one-time fan-servicey thing. The ending of the film would have you believe the multiversal portals were successfully closed, but that'll probably all come undone again in the next Dr Strange film - so who knows.

It's a shame that there wasn't any pizza time, but at least the goblin was something of a scientist himself :)

Likes Algr and Hamiltonian
Physics news on Phys.org
Shouldn't have clicked on spoilers! o0)

I am going to watch the movie this weekend. The only thing I am looking forward to is this scene in live action.
3-spiderman-pointing-meme-template-c5n1w.jpg

The post credit scene of Carnage hyped this movie quite a bit. I just hope it lives up to my expectations, although I am not to worried now after looking at your comments.

Likes ergospherical
The weird thing about this movie is that the promotional material gave away a lot of the spoilery stuff and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel was responsible for leaking various rumours, to build the hype. Certainly didn't detract from the film, though.

Probably one of my favourite MCU films to date, and far better than Homecoming & Far From Home IMO. The conclusion is bittersweet but feels true to the character.

Likes Hamiltonian

1. How were the impressive VFX in "Spiderman: No Way Home" created?

The VFX in "Spiderman: No Way Home" were created using a combination of computer-generated imagery (CGI), motion capture, and practical effects. The CGI was used to create the spectacular action sequences and enhance the overall look of the film. Motion capture was used to capture the movements of the actors and bring the characters to life. Practical effects, such as pyrotechnics and stunts, were also used to add a sense of realism to the film.

2. What techniques were used to make the VFX in "Spiderman: No Way Home" look so realistic?

The VFX team used a variety of techniques to make the VFX in "Spiderman: No Way Home" look realistic. This included studying real-life physics and movements, as well as using advanced software and technology to create lifelike textures and details. The team also worked closely with the actors to ensure that their movements and expressions were accurately captured in the CGI.

3. What role did the score play in enhancing the overall experience of "Spiderman: No Way Home"?

The score, composed by Michael Giacchino, played a crucial role in enhancing the overall experience of "Spiderman: No Way Home". The music helped to create a sense of tension, excitement, and emotion throughout the film. It also added depth and dimension to the action sequences and character development, making the audience feel more immersed in the story.

4. How long did it take to create the VFX for "Spiderman: No Way Home"?

The VFX for "Spiderman: No Way Home" took approximately 18 months to complete. This included pre-production planning, filming, and post-production work. The VFX team worked tirelessly to create the stunning visuals and ensure that they were seamlessly integrated into the film.

5. What challenges did the VFX team face while working on "Spiderman: No Way Home"?

The VFX team faced many challenges while working on "Spiderman: No Way Home". One of the biggest challenges was creating the multiverse scenes, which required complex CGI and coordination with the actors. The team also had to overcome technical challenges, such as creating realistic water and fire effects. Additionally, the tight production schedule and high expectations from fans added pressure to the team's workload.