Spread News About NASA Space Walks Jan 6 & 13

• Thread starter Stavros Kiri
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the best way to spread the news about NASA's upcoming spacewalks in the forum. Suggestions were made to post in the Astronomy/Astrophysics forum or the Mechanical Engineering forum with an aerospace prefix. There was also discussion about the use of screenshots and potential technical difficulties.
Stavros Kiri
What is the best way to spread the news in the forum about NASA's space walks? ... one today [Jan 6] (just ending) and one on Jan13 ... (Refer to NASA TV).

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Maybe mechanical engineering with an aerospace prefix.
That's a good idea. What about Astronomy and Astrophysics with the same prefix?

BTW the two astronauts are just back in ISS after ~6hrs 12'. Next walk next Fri.

There is no aerospace prefix in the astronomy and astrophysics forum.

Spaceflight has always a been between the astronomy section (because it happens in space) and mechanical engineering (because it is about machines going to space). Other spaceflight-related threads are in mechanical engineering as well.

mfb said:
There is no aerospace prefix in the astronomy and astrophysics forum.

Spaceflight has always a been between the astronomy section (because it happens in space) and mechanical engineering (because it is about machines going to space). Other spaceflight-related threads are in mechanical engineering as well.
Ok. Thanks. (I haven't checked the prefixes yet.)

I'd say throw it in the Astronomy/Astrophysics forum.

Likes davenn
Drakkith said:
I'd say throw it in the Astronomy/Astrophysics forum.
Would it be accepted?

Stavros Kiri said:
Would it be accepted?

I don't see why not. It's space related.

Likes 1oldman2
Ok, thanks Drakkith. I will probably decide tomorrow between the two.

I just put it in Astronomy/Astrophysics a few minutes ago.

Likes Drakkith
Do screen shots work on PF?

Stavros Kiri said:
Do screen shots work on PF?

They should. You'd just upload them like any other picture.

Drakkith said:
They should. You'd just upload them like any other picture.

But sometimes they do not open for others ...

Stavros Kiri said:
But sometimes they do not open for others ...

If there's an error with the forum software then you'd have to take that up with Greg. In the meantime, you can upload the picture somewhere else on the web and insert it using a link.

Drakkith said:
If there's an error with the forum software then you'd have to take that up with Greg. In the meantime, you can upload the picture somewhere else on the web and insert it using a link.
I haven't tried yet, but generally, I think, screen-shots have problems (once the original photo file and app is absent). We'll see. Thanks Drakkith!

Stavros Kiri said:
I haven't tried yet, but generally, I think, screen-shots have problems (once the original photo file and app is absent). We'll see. Thanks Drakkith!

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you having a problem with people viewing the image after you uploaded it? Or is the image itself often wrong? Or what?

Drakkith said:
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you having a problem with people viewing the image after you uploaded it? Or is the image itself often wrong? Or what?
Sometimes both

Stavros Kiri said:
Sometimes both

Odd...
I think that's something you should take up with Greg if it continues.

Drakkith said:
Odd...
I think that's something you should take up with Greg if it continues.
It might be that the problem was with one of my devices. I am checking ...

1. What is a NASA space walk?

A NASA space walk, also known as an Extravehicular Activity (EVA), is when astronauts leave the confines of their spacecraft to perform tasks in the vacuum of space. These tasks can include repairs, maintenance, and scientific experiments.

2. When are the NASA space walks scheduled for Jan 6 and 13?

The NASA space walks are scheduled for January 6 and January 13, 2021. The first space walk will take place on January 6 and the second on January 13. Both space walks are expected to begin at approximately 6:30 am EST.

3. Who will be participating in the NASA space walks?

The space walks will be conducted by NASA astronauts Michael Hopkins, Victor Glover, and Shannon Walker, along with Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) astronaut Soichi Noguchi. All four astronauts are members of the Expedition 64 crew currently aboard the International Space Station.

4. What tasks will be performed during the NASA space walks?

The primary task for the space walks will be to complete the installation of new solar arrays on the International Space Station. The astronauts will also conduct maintenance on the station's cooling system and perform other routine checks and tasks.

5. How can I watch the NASA space walks?

The space walks will be broadcast live on NASA TV and the agency's website. You can also follow along on social media using the hashtag #Spacewalk. In addition, many news outlets will also provide coverage of the events.