Starting point to converting resonance/frequency into temp

• Thread starter Ge0rdy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Point
In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of using a solid state laser to measure the resonance frequency of a material by recording its electromagnetic and thermal radiation at a central point or focal point. The setup involves a laser aimed at the object and a calculation of the resonance frequency based on the recorded data. The conversation also mentions the use of a diagram with labels to better understand the setup.
Ge0rdy
Would people assume my take on converting frequency to temperatures of specific frequencies would possibly cause a corelation between the two using a research table of precise temperatures which are matched to a focal point of a laser, of an object, at its resonance level and at room temperature and then be converted to temperature based on these key objectives measured to make the analysis, would these be the factors leading up to the findings?

Measuring the thermal radiation (heat factor) of the overall temperature permeating, would result from the resonating lasers temperature of its wave length at the focal point of the laser, on the object and would be aimed at every decimal value frequencey.

A heat factor at each given frequency maybe the easiest sorting process to converting vibrations into a thermal temperature of heat through the focal point, you could work out a set of multiplying numbers that verifies a calculation needed to work out a resonance frequency that thermal heat is emitting because of the heat factor alone. Am i right in thinking this would work?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're asking. Your entire post is nothing but a word salad at the moment.

Likes russ_watters
Geordy, maybe you were trying to be "precise" by using flowery words, but we are struggling to discern what you mean. Try to restate your question in the simplest terms possible.

That said, I have a vague impression that you are asking whether one can correlate the frequency of vibration of the atoms in a material to its heat. If that's your question, let me know.

Likes Drakkith
Try shorter sentences. Your first has 75 words in it.

Likes russ_watters and Ge0rdy
If you have some setup in mind, it would help to describe that setup first. Where do you imagine a laser? What is it doing? What do you want to measure?

mfb said:
If you have some setup in mind, it would help to describe that setup first. Where do you imagine a laser? What is it doing? What do you want to measure?

I am imaginig a solid state laser that you can record electromagnetic radiation using thermal radiation and the heat output at a central point while defining its resonance frequency which i believe is recorded by the wave length and a central point (focal point)

Is it possible to identify a resonance frequency via a heat source?

mfb said:

Record what, with what?
Resonance frequency of what?
A central point of what? If it is the center, what is around it?

Likes russ_watters
How about a diagram? (With extensive labels)

What is resonance and frequency?

Resonance is the tendency of a system to oscillate at a specific frequency when subjected to an external force. Frequency, on the other hand, is the number of oscillations or cycles that occur in a given time period.

Why is it important to convert resonance and frequency into temperature?

Converting resonance and frequency into temperature allows us to better understand and control the behavior of a system. Temperature is a crucial factor that affects the resonance and frequency of a system, and by accurately measuring it, we can make informed decisions and adjustments to improve the performance of the system.

What is the starting point for converting resonance and frequency into temperature?

The starting point for converting resonance and frequency into temperature is understanding the relationship between these variables. This can be achieved through mathematical equations, such as the Boltzmann distribution, which relates temperature to the energy states of a system.

What are the methods for converting resonance and frequency into temperature?

There are several methods for converting resonance and frequency into temperature, such as using a thermocouple, thermistor, or a pyrometer. These devices measure different physical properties that are affected by temperature, and by calibrating them, we can obtain accurate temperature readings.

What are the limitations of converting resonance and frequency into temperature?

One limitation is that the accuracy of the conversion depends on the accuracy of the measurement devices used. Another limitation is that the conversion is affected by environmental factors, such as vibrations and electromagnetic interference, which can introduce errors in the readings. It is important to properly calibrate and account for these limitations when converting resonance and frequency into temperature.