Stop Unwanted Emails: Change Notification Settings

• Thread starter Meesh
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to change notification settings on a forum, specifically the desire to only receive alerts and not emails. The solution is to go to the preferences section and disable email notifications for all threads.
Meesh
Hi there. I was redirected to ask on here where you can change the notification settings. As it is now, I am receiving loads of emails along with the alerts on the forum. However I would much rather just receive the alerts and no emails (as it is a school email and I am worried about missing something important). In the settings I found I could find a section to turn off alerts, but not to stop emails.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can change the default settings https://www.physicsforums.com/account/preferences (disable "and receive email notifications of replies").

For existing threads: you can see all threads you watch https://www.physicsforums.com/watched/threads/all. Mark all of them and select "disable email notification".

Thank you so much!

1. How do I change my notification settings for unwanted emails?

To change your notification settings for unwanted emails, you can go to your email provider's settings or preferences menu. From there, you can usually find an option to manage your email notifications and choose which emails you want to receive notifications for.

2. Can I completely stop receiving unwanted emails?

Unfortunately, it is not always possible to completely stop receiving unwanted emails. However, by adjusting your notification settings and using email filters, you can significantly reduce the number of unwanted emails you receive.

3. What should I do if I continue to receive unwanted emails after changing my notification settings?

If you continue to receive unwanted emails after changing your notification settings, you can try marking the emails as spam or unsubscribing from the sender's email list. You can also report the emails to your email provider as spam to prevent them from reaching your inbox in the future.

4. Is it safe to click on unsubscribe links in unwanted emails?

No, it is not always safe to click on unsubscribe links in unwanted emails. Some spammers may use these links to confirm your email address and send even more unwanted emails. It is best to use your email provider's unsubscribe feature or manually mark the email as spam.

5. How often should I review and update my notification settings for unwanted emails?

It is recommended to review and update your notification settings for unwanted emails regularly, such as every few months. This will ensure that you are only receiving notifications for emails that you want to see and can help prevent your inbox from getting cluttered with unwanted emails.