Tesseract, Aether, Orb from parallel Marvel Universe

In summary, the Infinity Stones are powerful objects that were scattered throughout the universe before the beginning of time. The Tesseract was originally possessed by the Asgardians, but was eventually left on Midgard. The Red Skull tried to steal the Tesseract, but was unsuccessful. The Tesseract was later recovered by the Avengers and used to power Hydra's weapons. The Aether was later used by Jane Foster to bond to herself and Malekith was defeated with the help of Thor and his human allies. The Asgardians left the Orb in the trust of Taneleer Tivan.
lucas_
There is a series of very interesting science fiction films lately related to physics and from Marvel Universe. To those dizzy already or want to relax from Many Worlds or unsolved problems in physics, etc. Try to watch the latest Avengers: Age of Ultron. I have to watch it the second time to understand it. Has anyone of you watched it first time and already understood the story? I just noticed the movie Captain America, Thor, Avengers, Guardian of the Universe are related to such objects of powers (have you noticed?). Here's a recap:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Infinity_Gems

According to the Collector, the Infinity Stones were six different singularities existing before the beginning of the universe. Once the universe was created, they were scattered. The Stones, which could be remolded by only powerful creatures, were first used by the Celestials, who used them to grant their race unknowable power, and dominate several planets. At some point, the Celestials lost control of the Stones, and they fell into the hands of other races, such as the Asgardians and the Dark Elves.[6]

The Tesseract is able to generate an infinite amount of energy and gives off a blue light. It was once possessed by the Asgardians and was described as being the jewel of Odin's treasury, but the item was eventually left on Midgard.[7]

In March 1942, during World War II, the Red Skull, the leader of the Nazi deep science organization Hydra, located and retrieved the Tesseract from a church in Tønsberg, Norway. With the help of his head scientist, Arnim Zola, the Red Skull used the Tesseract to supply power for the weapons used by his Hydra soldiers. Hydra's plans were foiled when Captain America and the SSR attacked Hydra's main location. The Red Skull tried to flee with the Tesseract, but Captain America was able to board his plane before it took off. When the two fought, the Red Skull was knocked into the Tesseract, causing it to react violently. The Red Skull vanished entirely when he handled the Tesseract directly, and the object then melted through the aircraft and fell into the ocean. Cap crashed the plane in the http://marvel.wikia.com/Arctic?action=edit&redlink=1 , and Howard Stark recovered the Tesseract from the ocean floor while searching for him.[7]

The Tesseract remained in the custody of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the successor organization to the SSR) until the early 21st century, when a fight between the Destroyer and Thor devastated the New Mexico town of Puente Antiguo.[8] Now aware of the existence of advanced extraterrestrials and fearing the threats they posed, S.H.I.E.L.D. tasked astrophysicist Erik Selvig with studying the Tesseract, hoping they could use it to develop weapons. In the following year, the rogue Asgardian Loki stole the Tesseract from S.H.I.E.L.D. for Thanos in exchange for a Chitauri army he could use to subjugate Earth. In response to losing the Tesseract, S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Nick Fury assembled a group of heroes known as the Avengers - Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye and the Hulk - to stop Loki and retrieve the Tesseract. The Avengers were successful in their mission, but not before a small army of Chitauri had invaded New York.[9]

After the Battle of New York, Thor took the Tesseract back to its rightful place in Asgard,[9] where it remains. It was used by Heimdall to restore the Bifrost.[10]

The Aether infuses those who use it with great strength and stamina by bonding to their bodies, and gives off a red light. It is also the only Infinity Stone to exist in a liquid state. The Aether was weaponized by Malekith, leader of the Dark Elves, who sought to use the Stone to conquer the Nine Realms before he was stopped by the Asgardian king Bor. Malekith and a small number of his followers escaped into the dark reaches of space, while Bor had the Aether hidden away for the Dark Elves to never find. The Aether was later reactivated by Jane Foster, who found the Stone through an anomaly in London, and it bonded to her. Thor brought Jane back to Asgard for her to be treated, but the realm was attacked by an awakened Malekith and his Dark Elves seeking to regain control of their weapon. The Dark Elves were repelled, but the Asgardians suffered heavy losses. Thor decided to take the fight to the Dark Elves by taking Jane and Loki with him to Svartalfheim, where Malekith extracted the Aether from Jane and bonded it to himself. Even with the Aether bonded to him, Malekith was defeated by Thor and his human allies during the convergence.[10]

Believing keeping two Infinity Stones in the same place too dangerous, the Asgardians left the Aether in the trust of Taneleer Tivan, the Collector.[10]

The Orb has the power to destroy any living material to come into contact with it, and emits a violet light. A former Ravager named Peter Quill, a.k.a. Star-Lord, found the Orb on the planet Morag. It is unknown what happened to the Stone between its use by the Celestials and its rediscovery, much less how it wound up on Morag at all. The Stone was sought by the fanatical Kree Accuser Ronan, who agreed to deliver it to Thanos in exchange for the destruction of Xandar, home of the Nova Corps, at Thanos' hands. Thanos' adopted daughter Gamora was sent to recover the Orb from Star-Lord, but she planned to betray Ronan and her father by selling it to the Collector to keep it out of their hands. After discovering the magnitude of the stone's power, she and Star-Lord chose to take it to the Nova Corps, but Ronan obtained it instead. However, instead of giving the stone to Thanos, Ronan decided to keep it and destroy Xandar himself. After a pitched battle, Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, and Drax the Destroyer were able to separate the stone from Ronan, saving the planet. Before leaving, the newly minted "Guardians of the Galaxy" gave the stone to the Nova Corps for safekeeping.[6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I very much enjoyed Age of Ultron, in fact most of the MCU films are very good. It's nice to see that comic books can be made into very good cinema (something the Dark Knight Trilogy proved as well). I wouldn't say that these films were about physics in any way, unless you mean comic book physics. They're very entertaining but being comic books the fictional science behind what's going on is often impossible and/or inconsistent.

Ryan_m_b said:
I very much enjoyed Age of Ultron, in fact most of the MCU films are very good. It's nice to see that comic books can be made into very good cinema (something the Dark Knight Trilogy proved as well). I wouldn't say that these films were about physics in any way, unless you mean comic book physics. They're very entertaining but being comic books the fictional science behind what's going on is often impossible and/or inconsistent.

I think they are subtly trying to tap into the subconscious of the public. If you will replace "Tesseract" with "Ark of the Covenant" and Asgardians with the gods of the Old Testament with iron flying chariots with lightning and thunder. Then can you have real life Avengers in humanity's past that one can mistaken as Gods? Is it me only thinking of this while watching these movies or is it a subliminal subconscious thing.. where did the Marvel writers get the ideas or why the public so interested in them.. maybe because of some responses in the collective subconscious?

Or maybe I watch too much of them. Lol. But I don't have time to read the comic books. I only learned of how all the Marvel movies are related as they deal with objects of power. Anyone else here have watched them? When I first watched Age of Ultron with friends.. all of them didn't understand the movie.. I had to research about it which made me read about the Infinity gems.

lucas_ said:
I think they are subtly trying to tap into the subconscious of the public.

I think it's far more likely they're trying to unsubtly tap into the public's money by being entertaining.

lucas_ said:
If you will replace "Tesseract" with "Ark of the Covenant" and Asgardians with the gods of the Old Testament with iron flying chariots with lightning and thunder.

If you replace the title "Avengers" with "Justice" and "Age of Ultron" with "League" you make a DC film. I don't get your point.

lucas_ said:
Then can you have real life Avengers in humanity's past that one can mistaken as Gods?

Are you suggesting that theology myths and modern superhero stories fulfill similar niches in entertainment? You wouldn't be the first to suggest so but the obvious point is that one is religion and the other is explicitly entertainment.

lucas_ said:
Is it me only thinking of this while watching these movies or is it a subliminal subconscious thing.. where did the Marvel writers get the ideas or why the public so interested in them.. maybe because of some responses in the collective subconscious?

Doubtful, more likely they did what any business did and conducted market research into what was currently popular and went for it.

lucas_ said:
Or maybe I watch too much of them. Lol. But I don't have time to read the comic books. I only learned of how all the Marvel movies are related as they deal with objects of power. Anyone else here have watched them? When I first watched Age of Ultron with friends.. all of them didn't understand the movie.. I had to research about it which made me read about the Infinity gems.

You haven't seen any of the other movies? There's quite a few of them out now and they've been weaving together since near the beginning.

Ryan_m_b said:
If you replace the title "Avengers" with "Justice" and "Age of Ultron" with "League" you make a DC film.

Yes, but as attractive as Scarlett Johansson is in her catsuit, she can't hold a candle to Julie Newmar.

Ryan_m_b said:
I think it's far more likely they're trying to unsubtly tap into the public's money by being entertaining.
If you replace the title "Avengers" with "Justice" and "Age of Ultron" with "League" you make a DC film. I don't get your point.
Are you suggesting that theology myths and modern superhero stories fulfill similar niches in entertainment? You wouldn't be the first to suggest so but the obvious point is that one is religion and the other is explicitly entertainment.

If certain concepts can be developed into scripts, it can beat the popularity or profit of Avengers or even attract wide cults. Are you not familiar with the "techno-occult mythos"? When you watched Ancient Astronauts in National Geographic. You may imagine Apollo attires, helmets, etc... but according to the mythos which has very close rememblance to Avengers, the gods of the Old Testament were just like Thor and Loki.. or extraterrestrials. The "techno-occult mythos" refer to them as reptilian-like, this being the reason no can can see God and live.. Exodus 33:20 "'You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!". These reptilian Gods were responsible for the warfare in the bible , Joshua 11: 16 "So Joshua smote all the country of the hills and of the Negev and of the vale and of the springs and all their kings; he left no one remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel had commanded.". These "Lord God of Israel" being nothing less than warrior extraterrestrial supreme commanders.

So the Asgardians in Avengers were equivalent to "Atlantis" (an alien colony) which precede the events in Old Testament. You must be familiar with these occult mythos to better appreciate Avengers. Have you remembered part 1 of the Avengers where the Tesseract has opened up portal above New York? In the techno-occult mythos. The Ark of the Covenant is really something akin to the Tesseract which can open up portals (this being the reason God or the reptilians) can reach this realm. In the Avengers 1. They chose New York because of the strategic location. In the mythos. Israel is such strategic location where the "Tesseract" like object can be used to open up portals.. and what can enter? The Jehovah Reconnaissance Battleships in the form of giant Black Triangles being sighted so many times (for example just the other day near where I live). This is the essence of the techno-occult mythos. Aren't you familiar with them?

Now if these ideas where to develop into movies. It can gain even more popularity than the Avengers because you are dealing with something closer to home. What do you make of these ideas? Note I didn't make it up. It is in the occult literature, which I need to mention now while Avengers is still being shown and hot.

Doubtful, more likely they did what any business did and conducted market research into what was currently popular and went for it.
You haven't seen any of the other movies? There's quite a few of them out now and they've been weaving together since near the beginning.

"Techno-occult mythos", if that's what they're calling it these days, is nonsense. It's a fantastic example of faulty logic, indeed the comparison you're making to the avengers now is very much what they do: start with a premise then look for everything that fits whilst ignoring every other possibility. Avengers, like mannnnnny stories, has similar tropes because no human story exists in isolation. They all take existing tropes and weave them into a different (or sometimes similar) narrative. Discussion of pseudoscience isn't appropriate here, thread closed.

1. What is a Tesseract?

The Tesseract is a powerful cosmic cube that grants its wielder immense control over space, time, and reality. It was first introduced in the Marvel Universe as a powerful artifact sought after by various characters, including Thanos.

2. What is the Aether?

The Aether is a powerful, ancient weapon that is able to manipulate and control the fundamental forces of the universe. It is also known as the Reality Stone and has the ability to bend reality to the will of its wielder. It was first introduced in the Marvel Universe as one of the six Infinity Stones.

3. What is the Orb from the parallel Marvel Universe?

The Orb from the parallel Marvel Universe is a mysterious object that has the power to transport individuals to alternate dimensions and parallel universes. It is often sought after by those seeking power and knowledge of the multiverse.

4. How do these objects from the parallel Marvel Universe affect our own universe?

The Tesseract, Aether, and Orb have the power to greatly influence and alter our own universe. They have been used by various characters to manipulate time, space, and reality, causing major events and conflicts in the Marvel Universe.

5. Can the Tesseract, Aether, and Orb be used for good?

While these objects have been primarily used for destructive purposes, they can also be harnessed for good. For example, the Tesseract has been used to create portals for transportation and the Aether has been used to heal and restore life. However, their immense power must be wielded carefully and with great responsibility.

Back