Are These Math Textbook Recommendations On Point?

In summary, this is a list of recommended books for various subjects such as precalculus, proof and foundation, calculus, linear algebra, and geometry. These books have been suggested by this forum and other resources. For precalculus, some recommended books are Basic Mathematics by Lang, Principles of Mathematics by Carl Barnett and Allendoerfer, and books by Gelfand. For proof and foundation, some suggestions include How to Prove It: A Structured Approach by Daniel J. Velleman, Foundations and Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics by Howard Eves, Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics by Gary Chartrand, and Book of Proof by Richard Hammack. For calculus, some recommended books are Spivak's Calculus,
theoristo
This recommendation for books in different subjects I've got recommended from this forum and other resources:
Precalculus:
Basic mathematics by lang
Principles of Mathematics by Carl Barnett, Allendoerfer
Books by Gelfand
Proof and foundation:
How to Prove It: A Structured Approach Daniel J. Velleman
Foundations and Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Howard Eves
Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics (2nd Edition) by Gary Chartrand
Book of Proof by Richard Hammack
Calculus:
Spivak's calculus(for familirized with proof and some calculus people,and used best by mathematics majors for mathematical purposes)
Introduction to Calculus and Analysis by Courant (for physics and application of math purposes)
First course in calculus by lang (to get a first impression on the subject)
Elements of the Differential and Integral Calculus by William Anthony Granville(did not use it but I'm very impressed by it).
linear algebra:
Introduction to Linear Algebra by Marvin Marcus
Linear Algebra (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Georgi E. Shilov
Linear Algebra, 4th Edition by Stephen H. Friedberg
Geometry:
Kiselev's Geometry by A. P. Kiselev
Geometry Revisited H. S. M. Coxeter
New horizons by Apostol
Was i misguided or is my list right?other suggestion?Can you rate this books on a scale?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Theoristo, this is your tenth thread in a week time where you ask for textbook suggestions. If your other threads didn't get the answers you wanted, then this won't either. So please stop spamming the forum.

Locked.

Likes 1 person

What is a textbook listing?

A textbook listing is a detailed description of a textbook, including its title, author, edition, ISBN number, and other relevant information. It is used to help students find and purchase the correct textbook for their class.

How do I find a textbook listing?

You can typically find a textbook listing by searching for the title or ISBN number on a textbook retailer's website or by checking your class syllabus. You can also ask your professor or classmates for the textbook information.

Why is a textbook listing important?

A textbook listing is important because it ensures that students purchase the correct textbook for their class. It also provides important information, such as the edition and ISBN number, which may be required for completing assignments or accessing online resources.

Can I use a different edition of the textbook listed?

It is best to use the exact edition of the textbook listed to ensure that you have all the required material for your class. However, if the edition is only slightly different, you may be able to use it. It is always best to check with your professor before purchasing a different edition.

How often do textbook listings change?

Textbook listings can change frequently, especially for classes that are offered every semester. It is important to check for any updates or changes to the textbook listing before purchasing the textbook.