The Internal Consistency of Collapsing Realities

In summary, the conversation was about a manga/comic involving science and quantum mechanics. The theme of the story was the "collapsing of realities," where different timelines coexist and create glitches. The creator wanted to know if this concept was possible and believable, and was advised to focus on internal consistency rather than trying to adhere to real physics.
CuriousMeow
Currently I am working on a manga/comic of mine which imvolves science, especially stuff related to quantum mechanics. The theme of my manga is based on the 'collapsing of realities'...i.e, realities from different timescales would collapse at one place and try to exist at once, which would create the 'glitching' of realities. For example, a place will have an area from 1940s and another area from the 18th century...which would somehow include string theory and a wormhole. Yes, this might sound absurd but I really found it cool. However, I want my story to sound more believable...
So, could anybody help me make a sense out of it? Also tell me if it's actually possible or not?(I know it sounds almost impossible, but still) If yes, then what could be the possible and believable. Thanks! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
It is, sad to say, completely not possible and cannot be made believable. That doesn't mean that you can't make a good story out of it, but you'll be better served working on internal consistency rather than trying for consistency with any real physics.

Nugatory said:
It is, sad to say, completely not possible and cannot be made believable. That doesn't mean that you can't make a good story out of it, but you'll be better served working on internal consistency rather than trying for consistency with any real physics.
Oh... alright. Thank you very much for replying as soon as you could.
Internal consistency as in?

What is meant by "Collapsing of 'Realities'"?

"Collapsing of 'Realities'" refers to the concept that multiple parallel universes or alternate realities exist simultaneously, but can merge or collapse into one another, resulting in a single reality.

How do scientists study "Collapsing of 'Realities'"?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence or accepted theory for the existence of parallel universes or the collapsing of realities. However, some scientists use mathematical models and thought experiments to explore the possibility and implications of such phenomena.

What could cause a "Collapsing of 'Realities'"?

Theories suggest that a "Collapsing of 'Realities'" could be caused by the interaction of different universes or the existence of a multiverse, where every possible reality exists. It could also be triggered by quantum events or changes in the laws of physics.

Are there any real-life examples of a "Collapsing of 'Realities'"?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the idea of a "Collapsing of 'Realities'". However, some scientists propose that phenomena such as déjà vu or unexpected coincidences could be glimpses of parallel universes merging or overlapping.

What are the implications of a "Collapsing of 'Realities'"?

If the "Collapsing of 'Realities'" were to occur, it could have profound implications on our understanding of the universe and reality. It could also raise ethical and philosophical questions about the nature of existence and free will.