The length of the line in the MCNP cell card MCNP

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with an error message in MCNP cell card. The person asks for a solution and receives a few suggestions, including running from the command line, checking for strange characters in the input file, and avoiding overlapping cell definitions. They are also advised to redo their cells with a clear idea and avoid using the "#" symbol.
Asmae SAADI
Homework Statement:: I go back to the line to finish the previous line in MCNP cell card but I had the error message shown in the photo.
Please make a solution to my problem
Relevant Equations:: c ********************* BLOCK 1: cartes des cellules ****************
1 2 -1.184 -40 #3 #19 #18 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30
#31 #32 #33 #34

is there a suggestion for my problem

Attachments

• #30.PNG
    #30.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 129
  • erreur#.PNG
    erreur#.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 106
Engineering news on Phys.org
try to put "&" at the end

Likes Asmae SAADI
A few suggestions,

Try running from the command line and read warnings as well as errors. Try reading the output file. Check you don't have any strange characters in the input file.

Your cell construction is strange. Cell 1 is defined in terms of the cells it isn't before defining *them*. Then cell 2 is 'above or outside 40' AND 'is not cell 1'. But cell 1 already includes 'below or inside 40'.

Due to the way MCNP works (It's a raytracer with dice), a ray passing through a surface must never match more than one cell definition. So there should be no zones that are assigned to more than one cell, ie cell definitions must not overlap. I don't know this is the the case here, but I think it might be. (There must also be no volume that isn't assigned to any cell.)

Try redoing your cells with a clear idea in your mind, and avoid # where possible.

Likes Asmae SAADI

1. What is the purpose of the length parameter in the MCNP cell card?

The length parameter in the MCNP cell card is used to specify the physical length of a particular cell. This is important because it allows for accurate modeling and simulation of neutron transport through the material.

2. How is the length of the line calculated in the MCNP cell card?

The length of the line in the MCNP cell card is calculated by taking the distance between the two specified points in the cell. This can be either the distance between the center of the cell and the outer surface, or between two specified points on the outer surface of the cell.

3. Can the length parameter be negative in the MCNP cell card?

No, the length parameter in the MCNP cell card must be a positive value. A negative length value would not make physical sense and could lead to errors in the simulation.

4. How does the length parameter affect the accuracy of the MCNP simulation?

The length parameter is an important factor in determining the accuracy of the MCNP simulation. A larger length value will result in more accurate results, as it allows for a more detailed representation of the material and its interactions with neutrons.

5. Are there any limitations to the length parameter in the MCNP cell card?

Yes, there are some limitations to the length parameter in the MCNP cell card. It cannot be larger than the cell dimensions or smaller than the smallest feature in the cell. Additionally, it cannot be larger than the distance to the next cell boundary.