Thinking about quitting teaching

In summary: I teach Intro physics I and II semester after semester, but I also try to vary the content and examples to keep it interesting for the students.It seems like you need to do more personal mentoring, especially from professors who have been in the same position as you.I've been trying to do more personal mentoring, but it's hard when I have so many other duties.I think you should fight to keep your position even if you feel like you are not being recognized fully.It's been hard to get recognition, but I'm hoping to change that in the near future.In summary, it seems like the biggest issue for someone in your position is the lack of recognition.
haushofer said:
I'll make my list of pro's and cons as Darwin did for the marriage. That worked out fine for him in the end :P ;)
Statements like that make me think you are a great teacher. And, of course, after carefully listing the pros and cons he ended up going with his gut, instead, which also isn't wrong after you've deliberated about the pros and cons.

Likes haushofer
Science news on Phys.org
Well, the decision has been made. I'm still having issues with my health, and decided to leave school after the summer to focus on some writing projects and feeling well again. This summer I'll publish my second popular science book at one of the biggest publishers in the country, so maybe that gives some opportunities to do more outreach. :)

• Care
Likes PhDeezNutz, dlgoff, renormalize and 6 others