To use Genpmaxs for PARCS XS generation

• Thread starter TM_David
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generation
In summary, the conversation is about the user's difficulty in generating XS from HELIOS output file using the GENPMAXS code. They are seeking suggestions and support for preparing the XS file for PARCS. The conversation also includes a recommendation to check the documentation and reach out to the developers for assistance.
TM_David
TL;DR Summary
PARCS, GENPMAXS, XS
hello everybody
i have PARCS code and XS generator GENPMAXS. I am trying to generate XS from HELIOS output file (example output file given with GENPMAXS code).
i am unable to do it. everytime it shows "reading Cross-section data" and do nothing.
anybody working on that code, kindly give me some suggestions for preparation of XS file for PARCS.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

'https://engineering.purdue.edu/PARCS/Code/NewFunctionality'

Engineering news on Phys.org
I can't answer your question directly, but the link you gave points to the old Purdue site.
You may want to look at the new site at Michigan:

https://nuram.engin.umich.edu/software/genpmaxs/
There is an e-mail on the webpage to send support questions.

Hi there! I have not personally worked with PARCS or GENPMAXS, but I have some experience with XS generation from other codes. It sounds like you may be missing some input or setting in order to generate the XS file successfully. Have you checked the documentation for GENPMAXS to make sure you are providing all necessary input files and parameters? Also, have you tried reaching out to the developers of the code for assistance? They may be able to provide more specific guidance for using the code. Best of luck with your XS generation!

1. What is Genpmaxs?

Genpmaxs is a software tool used for generating cross sections for the PARCS code, which is a neutron diffusion code used for reactor analysis.

2. How does Genpmaxs work?

Genpmaxs uses a combination of algorithms and nuclear data libraries to generate cross sections for different materials and isotopes, which are then used as input for the PARCS code.

3. What are the benefits of using Genpmaxs for PARCS XS generation?

Using Genpmaxs for PARCS XS generation allows for more accurate and efficient calculations, as it takes into account a wider range of materials and isotopes compared to manually generated cross sections.

4. Can Genpmaxs be used for all types of reactors?

Yes, Genpmaxs can be used for various types of reactors, including light water reactors, fast reactors, and gas-cooled reactors.

5. Is Genpmaxs user-friendly?

While Genpmaxs may require some technical knowledge and training to use, it is designed to be user-friendly and has a user-friendly interface for input and output of data.