Troubleshooting PF Page Issues in IE 11 | Help with HTML Parsing Error

• Thread starter Delta2
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses issues with the PF page on IE 11.0.9600.17420 and how it appears messed up due to incorrect parsing of HTML code. The speaker suspects they may have accidentally changed some settings in IE. They express their hope for help and provide their email for further communication. The other person mentions that the web server was updated and rolled back in response to similar reports. The conversation concludes with a playful comment about the speaker's tendency to mess with the server.
Delta2
Insights Author
Gold Member
Since about yesterday 16:00 GMT when i enter PF page via IE 11.0.9600.17420 the page seems messed up, like that the IE 11 cannot parse the html code correctly or i don't know what exactly. Maybe i changed some setting in IE and i didnt notice. I ve trouble writing this message as well. I hope you can help me out. Send me an email if possible with what is happening. Other pages i use to visit like for example wolfram seem ok, it just the PF pages that goes wrong.

Physics news on Phys.org
Everything back to normal now, Saturday 10:45 GMT. I guess admins did some sort of rollback.

We updated the web server yesterday morning and rolled back to the old version after these types of reports.

Greg Bernhardt said:
We updated the web server yesterday morning and rolled back to the old version after these types of reports.
Uh huh. You've been rolling around in the server again, haven't you. I've TOLD you to stop that !

Likes Greg Bernhardt

What is a "PF page messed up"?

A "PF page messed up" refers to an error or issue with a web page that is part of a software application called "PF" or "PageFlip". This can occur due to various reasons such as coding errors, browser compatibility issues, or server problems.

Why does a "PF page messed up" occur?

A "PF page messed up" can occur due to various reasons such as coding errors, browser compatibility issues, or server problems. It can also be caused by user error, such as incorrect input or settings.

How can I fix a "PF page messed up"?

The best way to fix a "PF page messed up" is to first identify the cause of the issue. If it is a coding error, it will need to be fixed by a developer. If it is a browser compatibility issue, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using a different browser. If it is a server problem, you may need to contact the website or application's support team for assistance.

How can I prevent a "PF page messed up" from happening?

To prevent a "PF page messed up" from happening, it is important to regularly test and troubleshoot your web pages, as well as ensure compatibility with different browsers. It is also important to follow coding best practices and regularly update your software and server.

What should I do if I encounter a "PF page messed up"?

If you encounter a "PF page messed up", try refreshing the page or restarting your browser. If the issue persists, try accessing the page from a different device or network. If the issue continues, contact the website or application's support team for further assistance.