Unable to log in with home computer

• Thread starter Davephaelon
  • Start date
Log Out button.In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a home computer that resulted in the removal of the Windows 10 OS and replacement with Windows 8. The individual is unable to log into their new account with the username "davephaelon" and their old account with the username "dave123" has been banned due to potentially linking to a personal website. They are experiencing difficulty logging into physicsforums with their new account and have attempted to clear cookies and browser history with no success. They are currently using a laptop at a coffee shop to access physicsforums.
Davephaelon
My home computer had a problem with corrupted files, so the computer service I took it to removed my windows 10 OS and replaced it with Windows 8 OS. Ever since, I've been unable to log into my (new) account with username "davephaelon". My old account with username "dave123" was banned due possibly to linking to a personal website. Unfortunately, when I try to log into physicsforums the old username automatically pops up, with a bar across the top of the screen indicating "banned". For some reason I can't input my new username and password.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm on my laptop computer at a coffee shop, where I'm able to access physicsforums on the new account.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would try clearing cookies for "physicsforums.com".

Yes, and if no luck with that try clearing you your browsers' history cache.

You should still be able to log out

1. Why am I unable to log in with my home computer?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to incorrect login credentials, internet connectivity problems, or a technical issue with the website or server.

2. How can I fix the problem of not being able to log in with my home computer?

First, make sure you are using the correct login information. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer and router to reset the internet connection. If the problem persists, contact the website's technical support for further assistance.

3. I can log in with my home computer on other websites, but not this one. What could be causing this?

This could be due to compatibility issues with the website and your browser. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or try accessing the website on a different browser. If the problem continues, it could be a technical issue with the website itself.

4. Is there a way to prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent login issues, make sure to always use a secure and strong password, and keep your login information confidential. It is also recommended to regularly clear your browser's cache and cookies to avoid any technical conflicts.

5. Why am I able to log in with my home computer before, but not anymore?

This could be due to a recent change in your login information, such as a password reset, or a security feature on the website that requires you to change your password periodically. It is also possible that there have been changes to the website's security protocols that may affect your login process.