Updating the book review section of Physics Forum

• Thread starter MidgetDwarf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the book review area of Physics Forum and how members can recommend books to be reviewed by staff. There is a suggestion to revamp the section and add categories similar to the homework help section to make it more organized. This change would benefit new members looking for quality materials to improve their knowledge in the sciences. The conversation ends with the mention of a math book and thanks to the forum for helping the individual understand Newtonian physics better. It is mentioned that updates will be made to the book review section.
MidgetDwarf
How does the book review area of Physics Forum work? Can members of the site recommend books that they believed should be reviewed and given an honest assessment to the staff? I believe this area of the forum was revamped, it would reduce the number of post requesting books to a minimum. Maybe add categories to this area that are similar to the homework help section? Ie. Math: algebra, geometry, trig, calculus and beyond.

This change would help new members as a reference to locate quality materials to improve one's knowledge in the sciences.

I ask this question because I am enjoying a math book that has a lot of material that was left out of the course when I took it. The book is called thomas calculus with analytic geometry 3rd edition and I would like to hear people's thoughts on the book and other books.

Thanks to physics forum and posting in the book recommendation thread I am now understanding Newtonian physics better. Thanks for the people who recommended kleppner and kolenkow.

Physics news on Phys.org
The book review section is an area we need to work on. Expect some updates shortly.

1. How often will the book review section be updated?

The book review section of Physics Forum is updated on a monthly basis. This ensures that our readers have access to the most recent and relevant book reviews.

2. Who will be responsible for updating the book review section?

The book review section is updated by a team of scientists and experts in various fields of physics. They carefully select and review books that are relevant and informative for our readers.

3. Can readers submit their own book reviews?

Yes, we welcome book reviews from our readers. If you have read a book related to physics and would like to share your thoughts, you can submit your review to our team for consideration.

4. How are books chosen for review?

The books chosen for review are carefully selected by our team based on their relevance to the field of physics and their potential to inform and educate our readers. We also take into consideration popular or highly recommended books from our readers.

5. Are there any specific guidelines for writing a book review?

Yes, we have some basic guidelines for writing a book review. It should be a concise and objective summary of the book, highlighting its key points and your personal thoughts about it. It should also be well-written and free of any bias or promotional language.