V(volt)/A(angstrom) to W(watt)/cm2 (centimeter square)?

• Thread starter masyousaf1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Square
In summary, the conversion factor between V/A to W/cm2 is 10^-4. To convert from V/A to W/cm2, you need to multiply the value by 10^-4. This conversion is applicable for any type of voltage and length units as long as they are consistent. It can also be used for other electrical units such as ohms, amperes, and watts. The conversion factor is the same for all materials as V/A and W/cm2 are units of electrical potential and power, respectively. However, it is important to ensure that the units are consistent and appropriate for the specific quantity being measured.
masyousaf1
Dear all

I am reading one paper and confused how authors converted V(volt)/A(angstrom) to W(watt)/cm2 (sentimeter square). The article entitled

''Modifying the Interlayer Interaction in Layered Materials with an Intense IR Laser''
Associated link is
http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.114.116102
Specific Text of this paper is also attached as a screen shot.

Many thanks
Best wishes
Masood

Attachments

• Figure.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 422
Physics news on Phys.org
The intensity will be the average of the square of the field, with proper physical constants. Try
$$
I = \frac{1}{2} \epsilon_0 c E^2
$$

Related to V(volt)/A(angstrom) to W(watt)/cm2 (centimeter square)?

1. What is the conversion factor between V/A to W/cm2?

The conversion factor between V/A to W/cm2 is 10-4. This means that to convert from V/A to W/cm2, you need to multiply the value by 10-4.

2. How do I convert from V/A to W/cm2?

To convert from V/A to W/cm2, you need to multiply the value by 10-4. For example, if you have a value of 10 V/A, the conversion to W/cm2 would be 10 x 10-4 = 0.001 W/cm2.

3. Can I use this conversion for any type of voltage and length units?

Yes, this conversion factor is applicable for any type of voltage and length units as long as they are consistent. For example, you can convert from mV/nm to mW/um2 using the same conversion factor of 10-4.

4. Is this conversion factor the same for all materials?

Yes, this conversion factor is the same for all materials. V/A and W/cm2 are units of electrical potential and power, respectively, and they are not dependent on the material being used.

5. Can I convert from other electrical units to W/cm2 using this conversion factor?

Yes, you can convert from other electrical units such as ohms, amperes, and watts to W/cm2 using this conversion factor. However, you need to make sure that the units are consistent and that the conversion is appropriate for the specific quantity being measured.

Back