What are some good music sites for listening to music without downloading?

• Music
  • Thread starter angel_csi91
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, New Sounds is a program that provides a place for your left and right brain to unwind at the end of day. It airs daily at 11PM on 93.9 FM.
angel_csi91
hey does anyone know any good music sites where i can LISTEN to some good music but not necessarily download?
thanx a lot 4 ur help:smile:

Science news on Phys.org
launch.yahoo.com almost every music video there is to see

there are also lots of radio stations u can google. i listen to www.di.fm which plays techno/trance stuff and some classical at the bottom

any online radio will work. that's what i used to do when i was at the comp lab at school. a lot of popular stations are online. and you can find any sort of station really.

The radio stations that come with iTunes are pretty good.

www.pandora.com is quite good if you know the sort of thing you want, but aren't after specific tracks. Your first 10 hours are free.

Really cool :cool: eclectic collection from around the world.

New Sounds - on WNYC - New York City
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/newsounds/episodes/10272005
Telepathically tight and musically adventurous, the members of the Bad Plus test the limits of what an acoustic bass-drums-piano band can do. This time around, their latest release, “Suspicious Activity?” contains mostly originals, with some doses of seriousness, taken with a shot of abandon, a chaser of meditation, some communion with jazz forebearers, and the inevitable cheekiness. On this New Sounds program, we’ll sample from “Suspicious Activity?”, and dig into the new record from the Brad Mehldau Trio. The Trio’s “Day is Done” features more interpretations of tunes you might recognize - a Radiohead tune here, a Beatles song there, Nick Drake songs, and a version of the Burt Bacharach tune “Alfie.” Also, there’s music by Michael Manring, from a new solo CD of works, recorded without overdubs, and containing the oft-requested “Selene.”

Manring's "Selene" and "Orpherius [sp] Wheel" are really good - Album is "Soliloquy". Manring plays a hyperbass - you have to hear to understand it.

Viktor Krauss's "Split Window" from his album "Far from Enough" is interesting.

New Sounds - http://www.wnyc.org/shows/newsounds
Hosted by John Schaefer
Airs daily at 11PM on 93.9 FM

New Sounds provides a place for your left and right brain to unwind at the end of day. Host John Schaefer combs recent recordings for one of the most educational and enchanting hours on radio. For 20 years, he's been finding the melody in the rainforest and the rhythm in an orchestra of tin cans. The program offers new ways to hear the ancient language of song. With guest musicians from David Byrne to Meredith Monk to Ravi Shankar, Schaefer presents performances and premieres new works from the classic and operatic to folk and jazz. Tune in for the next wave or the most ancient forms of music.

matthyaouw said:
www.pandora.com is quite good if you know the sort of thing you want, but aren't after specific tracks. Your first 10 hours are free.

Actually, if you know how to clear flash's cache it can go on forever.

I don't but I'm sure I've had more than 10 hours out of it without it asking me to pay...

dduardo said:
Actually, if you know how to clear flash's cache it can go on forever.
and how do we do that?

www.di.fm ?

You can also go to www.shoutcast.com they have tons of station there even video music.

If you have winamp just press ALT+L and you'll have Media Library pop up you can go to Winamp Music, Winamp Video, Shoutcast Radio, Shoutcast TV, AOL Radio with XM Radio, AOL Video, Shoutcast Wire, etc.

Finally got some vague kind of website for my band, since the last attempt didn't really work got forcibly removed from the university servers.

http://www.myspace.com/trilogyofsexy

4 (I think) tracks you can listen to, should keep you entertained.

Related to What are some good music sites for listening to music without downloading?

1. What makes a music site a "good" one?

A good music site should have a user-friendly interface with easy navigation, a wide variety of music genres to choose from, high-quality audio streaming, and a diverse selection of artists and songs.

2. Are good music sites free to use?

Some music sites are free to use, but they may have limited features or display ads. There are also paid music sites that offer premium features and ad-free listening.

3. Can I listen to music on a good music site without creating an account?

Most good music sites require you to create an account in order to listen to music. This allows for personalized recommendations and the ability to save your favorite songs.

4. Can I discover new music on a good music site?

Yes, good music sites often have features such as curated playlists, new music releases, and artist recommendations, making it easy to discover new music.

5. Can I listen to music on a good music site offline?

Some music sites offer offline listening options, but this may require a premium subscription. You can also save songs to your library for offline listening on some music streaming apps.