What are some good resources to learn basic electronics?

Make: electronics" by Charles Platt.In summary, the conversation is about someone working on a project with an Arduino-like microcontroller and needing resources to learn about electronic components like H-bridge. The person recommends the book "Make: electronics" by Charles Platt for learning about electronics, but notes that it may not cover H-bridges specifically. They also mention that there are many online projects with explanations of electronic components, but they prefer a single book for a more systematic approach.
Yashbhatt
Hello. I am working on a project with my friends with a Arduino like microcontroller. I can understand the code and all but I don't know how certain electronic components(like H-bridge) function. What are some good resources to learn about them?

Physics news on Phys.org
I like "Make: electronics" by Charles Platt for learning about electronics. /edit: it probably doesn't contain the H bridge, though

Likes ISamson
No idea about a single resource, but there are plenty of projects on the web, many with quite a reasonable explanation of how the electronics used works.

I would love to have a single book covering these things in a more or less systematic way though, as with web it is mostly hit-and-run.

Likes ISamson
I prefer this book:

20171105_212223.png

Attachments

• 20171105_212223.png
    20171105_212223.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 385

1. What are the best online courses for learning basic electronics?

There are many online courses available for learning basic electronics, some popular options include: Udemy, Coursera, and Khan Academy. These platforms offer a variety of courses taught by experts in the field, making it easy to find a course that fits your specific needs and learning style.

2. Are there any recommended books for learning basic electronics?

Yes, there are several books that are highly recommended for learning basic electronics, such as "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III, "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk, and "Make: Electronics" by Charles Platt. These books provide clear explanations and hands-on projects to help solidify your understanding.

3. What are some useful websites for learning basic electronics?

Some useful websites for learning basic electronics include All About Circuits, Electronics-Tutorials.ws, and SparkFun. These websites offer a wealth of information, tutorials, and resources for beginners to advanced learners. They also often have active forums where you can ask questions and get help from experienced members.

4. Are there any YouTube channels that teach basic electronics?

Yes, there are many YouTube channels dedicated to teaching basic electronics, such as GreatScott!, Afrotechmods, and ElectroBOOM. These channels offer engaging and informative videos on various topics in electronics, as well as tutorials and projects for hands-on learning.

5. Are there any hands-on kits or tools that can help with learning basic electronics?

Yes, there are several hands-on kits and tools that can be useful for learning basic electronics. Some popular options include Arduino starter kits, Raspberry Pi kits, and breadboards. These kits often come with components and instructions for completing various projects, making it easy to apply what you've learned in a hands-on manner.