What is the best way to bring technology to market

• Thread starter komatsu8
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Technology
In summary: The patent office will require that you sign one before they will even look at your patent.The patent process can be trusted, but it is important to be aware of the consequences of not following through with the patent. If someone independently comes up with the same invention, you may find yourself in a difficult position. I hope this was helpful. Welcome to the PF. To help you a bit, I did a search for threads talking about patents (at least the ones that I've been involved in). Here is the hit list. Please read through some of the threads, to see if they start to answer some of your questions. There are also resources mentioned in the threads, like the Nolo Press, which you
komatsu8
Aloha
to protect my invention , do I patent each component and then
combine components and sell as a hole?
Can the patent process be trusted?
this device is built from off the and configured into an
unexpected product and can only be used for safety for law enforcement and
soldiers. hopefully among all you high thinkers is a person that works with their hands
Komatsu8

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
komatsu8 said:
Aloha
soldiers. hopefully among all you high thinkers is a person that works with their hands
Komatsu8

Welcome to the PF. To help you a bit, I did a search for threads talking about patents (at least the ones that I've been involved in). Here is the hit list. Please read through some of the threads, to see if they start to answer some of your questions. There are also resources mentioned in the threads, like the Nolo Press, which you may choose to follow up on.

https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?searchid=1849197

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you start thinking about patenting and such, you should realize a few things-

1) You should hire a professional engineer, have him sign a non-disclosure agreement, and then look over your idea and make sure it is both feasible and worth looking into.

2) Hire a patent lawyer for a few hours to pick his brain and decide if it's really worth it. The most important thing to realize about a patent is that YOU have the responsibility to defend it, not the patent office. If someone looks at your published patent and decides to copy it you will have to sue them, and that means expensive lawyer and court fees (especially if you're going after a company).

3) As a general rule, I would say that individuals are not able to effectively defend patents. You might be better off trying to pitch and sell the idea to a company that might be interested in it (or get them to hire you).

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. To help you a bit, I did a search for threads talking about patents (at least the ones that I've been involved in). Here is the hit list. Please read through some of the threads, to see if they start to answer some of your questions. There are also resources mentioned in the threads, like the Nolo Press, which you may choose to follow up on.

https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?searchid=1849197

[thank you for your generous reply, I am currently interviewing engineers and have begun looking for attorney on the matter of being
responsible for the security of my device. The trick is ,to get it into service with my trade mark. I need to do this , before a large corp
gets wind of what I am making. I've waxed on this enough,Ill get back to what I do best , making things. komatsu8

Last edited by a moderator:
komatsu8 said:
Aloha
Komatsu8
The claims of a patent are what is protected, so one can claim the entire system and several components.

For a successful patent, and one that is defensibly protected, it must meet the three criteria of being new, useful and non-obvious. The new and non-obvious parts requires one to do a review of the 'state of the art' to be sure that the invention does not already exist and that no one practicing the art could conceive of it independently.

One does not necessarily need a patent attorney. It is often sufficient to hire a patent agent for less money.

Non-disclosure agreements are a must.

Related to What is the best way to bring technology to market

What is the best way to bring technology to market?

The best way to bring technology to market depends on various factors, such as the type of technology, target audience, and budget. However, there are some common steps that can be followed to increase the chances of success:

What is the importance of market research in bringing technology to market?

Market research is crucial in bringing technology to market as it helps identify the needs and preferences of potential customers. This information can be used to develop a product that meets the demands of the market, making it more likely to be successful.

How can a prototype help in bringing technology to market?

A prototype is a working model of the technology that allows for testing and refining before launching it to the market. This can help identify any flaws or areas for improvement, making the final product more attractive to consumers.

What role does marketing play in bringing technology to market?

Marketing is essential in bringing technology to market as it helps create awareness and generate interest in the product. A well-executed marketing strategy can attract potential customers, increase sales, and ultimately contribute to the success of the technology.

What are some potential challenges in bringing technology to market?

Bringing technology to market can be a complex and challenging process. Some common challenges include competition, changing market trends, regulatory requirements, and financial constraints. It is important to anticipate and address these challenges in order to successfully launch the technology.