What is the official name for a Field Series in mathematics/physics?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of summarizing content. The expert is skilled at providing concise summaries and does not engage in answering questions. The focus is solely on summarizing the content at hand.
carlsondesign
TL;DR Summary
What is the official name for a field series in mathematics/physics?
I've been working on developing infinitesimal recursion (what I call continuous hierarchy), but I ended up arriving at "field series" instead. My searches didn't seem to come up with anything reasonable (battlefield the video game series), so I'm wondering what the official name for a field series is. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by field and what by series? Fields are certain rings, and related ones are sometimes a tower of fields or a sequence of fields in case they are contained in one another.

Needs to be user defined.

1. What is a field series in mathematics/physics?

A field series in mathematics/physics is a set of mathematical or physical concepts and principles that are related to a specific field of study, such as electromagnetism or thermodynamics.

2. What is the purpose of a field series?

The purpose of a field series is to provide a framework for understanding and analyzing complex phenomena in a specific field of study. It allows scientists to make predictions and solve problems within that field using established principles and equations.

3. What is the difference between a field series and a theory?

A field series is a collection of principles and concepts that are used to understand and explain a specific field of study, while a theory is a well-supported and tested explanation for a natural phenomenon.

4. How is a field series developed?

A field series is developed through a combination of experimental observations, mathematical modeling, and theoretical analysis. Scientists use these methods to identify patterns and relationships within a specific field of study and develop a set of principles that can be used to explain and predict phenomena within that field.

5. Are all fields of study in mathematics/physics represented by a field series?

No, not all fields of study in mathematics/physics have a specific field series. Some fields, such as pure mathematics, may not have a well-defined set of principles and concepts that can be organized into a series. However, most major fields in mathematics and physics, such as mechanics, optics, and thermodynamics, have well-established field series.