What makes a subscribed thread new

• Thread starter Ryan_m_b
  • Start date
In summary: On top of that sometimes if I check on my phone and then use my computer all the items drop from the list. Any ideas anyone?In summary, the conversation discusses the behavior of subscribed threads on the PF website. The main question is how long a thread must be idle before it drops off the "New Subscribed Threads" list. Some users have noticed that the list sometimes clears when switching between devices. One member suggests getting rid of the phone and another shares their experience with the feature.
Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
What makes a subscribed thread "new"

I thought I'd put this here so that others who were interested could see the answer. When we click on "my PF" we get a list of "New Subscribed Threads", after a while threads drop off this list and sometimes we are met with the message "there are no new threads at this time" (or something like that). My question is how long must a thread be idle until it drops off the list? I've tried to keep track but can't tell.

On top of that sometimes if I check on my phone and then use my computer all the items drop from the list. Any ideas anyone?

Physics news on Phys.org

Any ideas anyone?

Bin the phone. PF is more important.

:biggrin:

Studiot said:
Bin the phone.

:biggrin:
Since upgrading from a dumbphone two years ago I could no more get rid of my phone as I could get rid of my foot :tongue2:

Ryan_m_b said:
When we click on "my PF" we get a list of "New Subscribed Threads", after a while threads drop off this list and sometimes we are met with the message "there are no new threads at this time" (or something like that).
I find it useless and haven't figured out its expiry basis. So I always click on "All Subscribed Threads" when looking for any recent additions.

1. What determines if a thread is considered "new"?

A thread is considered "new" if it has been created or updated within a specific timeframe. This timeframe can vary depending on the platform or website, but it is typically within the last 24 hours.

2. How can I subscribe to a thread?

To subscribe to a thread, look for a "subscribe" or "follow" button on the thread page. Clicking on this button will usually prompt you to enter your email address or provide other options for receiving notifications about the thread.

3. Can I unsubscribe from a thread?

Yes, you can usually unsubscribe from a thread by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "manage subscriptions" link in the notification emails you receive. You can also go to your account settings on the platform or website to manage your subscriptions.

4. Will I receive notifications for every new post in a subscribed thread?

It depends on your notification settings. Some platforms or websites allow you to choose how often you receive notifications for a subscribed thread, such as immediately, daily, or weekly. Others may only send notifications for certain types of activity, such as new replies or updates from specific users.

5. Can I subscribe to a thread without creating an account?

It depends on the platform or website. Some may allow you to subscribe to a thread using your email address without creating an account, while others may require you to have an account in order to subscribe. Check the platform's or website's subscription options for more information.