What percentage of students take French at Madison High School?

• Thread starter zak100
  • Start date
In summary, percentage correct refers to the percentage of correct answers or measurements compared to the total number of answers or measurements. It is calculated by dividing the number of correct answers or measurements by the total number and multiplying by 100. It can be a reliable measure depending on the context and accuracy, but other factors should also be considered. There is no set benchmark for a "good" percentage correct, but it is more important to compare it to previous results or goals. To improve percentage correct, practice and study in the specific subject or field and review mistakes from previous measurements or answers.
zak100

Homework Statement

At Madison High School each student studies exactly one foreign language. Three fifths of the students take Spanish & one fourth of the remaining students take German. If all of the others take French, what percent of the students take French?

Homework Equations

3/5 + (1-3/5)/4 + x =1

The Attempt at a Solution

I am getting x =3/10

Is my method correct ?
Can i say that x = 30%.
Some body please guide me.

Zulfi.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, you have it correct.

1. What is the definition of "percentage correct"?

Percentage correct refers to the number of correct answers or measurements compared to the total number of answers or measurements, expressed as a percentage.

2. How is percentage correct calculated?

Percentage correct is calculated by dividing the number of correct answers or measurements by the total number of answers or measurements, then multiplying by 100 to get a percentage.

3. Is percentage correct a reliable measure?

Percentage correct can be a reliable measure depending on the context and the accuracy of the answers or measurements. It is important to consider other factors such as sample size and potential biases.

4. What is a good percentage correct?

There is no universally agreed upon benchmark for a "good" percentage correct as it can vary depending on the context and difficulty of the questions. It is more important to compare the percentage correct to previous results or to a predetermined goal.

5. How can I improve my percentage correct?

To improve percentage correct, it is important to practice and study in the specific subject or field. It can also be helpful to review and understand any mistakes made in previous measurements or answers.