What sort of material stops magnetic flow

In summary, the conversation discusses how to reduce the strength of magnets or prevent them from moving by using a material such as Mu-metal. The individual also asks about the possibility of creating perpetual motion using magnets, but this topic is considered pseudoscience and is not allowed to be discussed on the platform.
Ryan Walsh
I just want to know what would reduce a magnets strength or stop it with a material over it so that its not magnetic anymore.
Is there a material that would not allow two magnets attaching N+P from colliding together and make them not move.

1 More question.
Is there a electro magnetic device or magnet that only sends straight magnetic waves?

New to understanding magnetic energy. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Every solid material can stop other stuff from moving, simply by being there. You cannot "stop" magnetic fields, but you can re-direct the fields to reduce the influence of them on other objects. This is the main application of Mu-metal.

What do you mean by "magnetic waves"? Electromagnetic waves?

Solid materials do stop the magnets. But I was thinking about a thinner light weight material. Any suggestions? Such as.. perhaps a very thin paper thickness material or just something extremely light weight. perhaps.What do you mean by "magnetic waves"? Electromagnetic waves?

Well To my understanding the magnet release energy in all direction rather than directional beam power.
I Just just started learning about this magnet energy and I read the wiki. Some of its confusing or terms are hard to grasp.

So my next question is. Has anyone made perpetual unity magnet invention? I see so many youtube video of magnets making things spin for free power? Is this correct? Do these actually work?

Ryan Walsh said:
But I was thinking about a thinner light weight material.
Just Google "magnetic shielding" and you will learn a lot about how to guide magnetic flux.
Ryan Walsh said:
So my next question is. Has anyone made perpetual unity magnet invention? I see so many youtube video of magnets making things spin for free power? Is this correct? Do these actually work?
We don't allow debunking of pseudoscience and nonsense here at the PF. That is in the PF rules under Forbidden Topics (see INFO at the top of the page).
Forbidden Topics said:
Pseudoscience, such as (but not limited to):
Perpetual motion and "free energy" discussions
http://wiki.4hv.org/index.php/Free_Energy_Debunking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
http://www.skepdic.com/freeenergy.html
http://www.skepdic.com/perpetual.html

1. What is magnetic flow?

Magnetic flow, also known as magnetic flux, is the movement of a magnetic field through a material.

2. What materials can stop magnetic flow?

Materials that are considered to be non-magnetic, such as wood, plastic, and rubber, can effectively stop magnetic flow.

3. Why do some materials stop magnetic flow while others do not?

Materials that are not magnetic are composed of atoms with electrons that are not easily influenced by a magnetic field. This makes it difficult for the magnetic field to pass through the material, effectively stopping the magnetic flow.

4. Can any material stop magnetic flow?

No, not all materials can stop magnetic flow. Some materials, such as iron, nickel, and cobalt, are considered to be magnetic and do not stop magnetic flow. However, these materials can be used to redirect and manipulate magnetic flow.

5. Is the ability to stop magnetic flow the same for all non-magnetic materials?

No, the ability to stop magnetic flow can vary among different non-magnetic materials. Some materials, such as lead and copper, are better at stopping magnetic flow than others due to their atomic structure and electron configuration.