What would be the implications of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force?

• Thread starter blackhole
  • Start date
blackhole
heyyy, im writing a sci fi parapsychology related story and it has a bunch of pseudoscience, including a real psi force. to make my story more accurate and to have more ideas I'm curious about the implications of such a force for the rest of science in my fictional world assuming that the force is the main alteration from the real world. essentially, what happens to particle physics, quantum physics, relativity, classical physics, consciousness etc with there being humans who can control a psychic force with their mind and influence reality ? it implies a higher power and non-computational consciousness, correct? so I could incorporate that into the fictional world? I need to come up with a mechanism for all of it too

thank you if anyone helps me w this !!!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

There's not a lot of restrictions here. When you rewrite the laws of physics you can say they are anything you want. If you are looking for consistency though, between your new law and the rest of existing physics, you are unlikely to reliably find it.

Likes Lren Zvsm
blackhole said:
heyyy, im writing a sci fi parapsychology related story and it has a bunch of pseudoscience, including a real psi force. to make my story more accurate and to have more ideas I'm curious about the implications of such a force for the rest of science in my fictional world assuming that the force is the main alteration from the real world. essentially, what happens to particle physics, quantum physics, relativity, classical physics, consciousness etc with there being humans who can control a psychic force with their mind and influence reality ? it implies a higher power and non-computational consciousness, correct? so I could incorporate that into the fictional world? I need to come up with a mechanism for all of it too

thank you if anyone helps me w this !!!
Here's a thread of speculation about something like this. http://hi.gher.space/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2340 Any further discussion would be better to take place over there instead of here, I think.

What would be the implications of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force?

The implications of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force would be significant and far-reaching. It would challenge our current understanding of the laws of physics and the nature of the universe.

How would a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force be different from the other four known fundamental forces?

A pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force would be different in that it would not have any scientific evidence or basis to support its existence. It would also likely not follow the same mathematical equations and principles as the other four known forces.

What kind of experiments or evidence would be needed to prove the existence of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force?

In order to prove the existence of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force, rigorous and repeatable experiments would need to be conducted that provide clear and consistent results. This evidence would also need to be able to withstand scrutiny and be replicable by other scientists.

What would be the consequences if a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force was accepted as a valid scientific concept?

If a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force was accepted as a valid scientific concept, it could lead to the development of new technologies and advancements in our understanding of the universe. However, it could also potentially lead to confusion and misinformation if it is not based on sound scientific principles.

How would the scientific community respond to the introduction of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force?

The response of the scientific community to the introduction of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force would likely be skeptical and cautious. Scientists would likely demand strong evidence and proof before accepting it as a valid concept and incorporating it into their research and theories.