Where Can I Find a Base to Base Conversion Calculator for Various Number Bases?

• Thread starter RandallB
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Base
In summary, there is a tool called Mathematica that can convert number bases and work in other number bases. The speaker also mentions creating a tool using C++ that can convert between bases 0 to 10, but is still working on bases over 10. They express a desire for a good calculator for this purpose.
RandallB
Does anyone know where to find a base to base conversion calculator that can do basic math in other number bases.

Finding one that will select between bases 2; 8; 10; 16 isn’t hard.
But how about base 3; 4; 6; and 12
Seen any web based tools, or a spread sheet add in that can do this?

RB

Physics news on Phys.org
You can convert number bases and work in other numbers bases in mathematica.

I created one using C++ that converts from any base from 0 to 10 to any other base from 0 to 10; but still working on bases over base 10. Sorry. Although I'd love to see a good calculator for that.

Related to Where Can I Find a Base to Base Conversion Calculator for Various Number Bases?

What is "Looking for Base 12"?

"Looking for Base 12" is a scientific research project that aims to explore the potential of using a base-12 numerical system instead of the commonly used base-10 system.

What is the significance of using a base-12 numerical system?

The base-12 system has been proposed as a more efficient and practical alternative to the base-10 system. It has been argued that it can make calculations and measurements easier, as well as offer advantages in fields such as mathematics, physics, and computer science.

Who is conducting this research project?

The "Looking for Base 12" project is being conducted by a team of scientists and mathematicians from various institutions and backgrounds. It is a collaborative effort to explore the potential of a base-12 numerical system.

What are some examples of base-12 calculations and measurements?

In the base-12 system, numbers are represented using 12 digits (0-9, A and B). An example of a base-12 calculation would be 6 + 9 = F (15 in base-10). An example of a base-12 measurement would be a circle divided into 12 equal parts instead of the usual 10 parts in the base-10 system.

Is there a possibility of a universal adoption of the base-12 system?

At this point, it is impossible to predict if the base-12 system will ever be universally adopted. It is a subject of ongoing research and discussion, and its potential benefits and challenges are still being explored. However, some argue that it could be a more efficient and logical system in the long run.