Where can I get some hot mirror (near) infrared mirror) film

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in finding "hot mirror film" on Alibaba and eBay. The only seller found was selling films meant for car windows, which was too thick and expensive. The speaker is searching for a film that can be used for glasses or office windows and is flexible. 3M and Fuji are mentioned as companies that make IR reflective films. There is also a mention of using a film made for car windows, but it allows 5% of visible light to pass through, resulting in ghosting. The speaker asks if this is acceptable and mentions that ordinary glass IR filters may not be more efficient.
dularaf
I searched for "hot mirror film" on alibaba and ebay with no luck. Only seller I found was selling such films meant for car windows. For that reason it was too thick and a bit expensive because too big. I got one but yeah, it's too thick.

I figured I would find few Alibaba sellers for glasses makers who want to apply it to their shades or for car or office windows. Maybe I'm searching the wrong term?

PS. I myself need to reflect 850nm.

Needed for NIR camera, film and not glass as it has to be bendable.

Science news on Phys.org
Thank you. I have one such film made for car windows but it seams to pass about 5% of the visible light which results in ghosting (camera sees a very dim ghost of a different view behind the ir mirror because its vis spectrum filter isn't perfect either).

Is that okay? If the ordinary glass IR filters aren't themsleves more efficient than the answer would be yes.

1. Where can I purchase hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film?

Hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film can be purchased from various online retailers, such as Amazon or eBay. It can also be purchased from specialty scientific supply companies or directly from the manufacturer.

2. What is the purpose of hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film?

Hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film is used in scientific experiments and equipment to filter out unwanted infrared light and reflect visible light. This allows for accurate measurements and observations without interference from infrared radiation.

3. How is hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film different from regular mirror film?

Regular mirror film reflects all wavelengths of light, including infrared. Hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film is specially designed to reflect only visible light and filter out infrared light, making it ideal for scientific research and photography.

4. Can hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film be used in any type of experiment?

Hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film is commonly used in experiments involving spectroscopy, microscopy, and photography. It is also useful in industries such as astronomy and thermal imaging.

5. Is hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film expensive?

The cost of hot mirror (near) infrared mirror film can vary depending on the size, quality, and brand. However, it is generally more expensive than regular mirror film due to its specialized properties and uses in scientific research.