Which country is the best for medical studies?

In summary: You can also look at the website of the American Medical Association, which is a great resource for finding out more about the various specialties and programs available.In summary, in order to become a doctor in the US you need to do 4 years of pre-med and there is a long road to becoming a doctor. India is also a good place to become a doctor, but it is very competitive. If you want to do research, I would suggest going abroad.
Anithadhruvbud
I am at India doing my high school.I have an ambition to create a change in medical field by finding a cure for a disease and running my own branch of hospitals that takes less fees from patients and works for the poors..I just want to get a good education to do all that.Should I do my MBBS from India or take my SAT exam and get admission in foreign med schools?

Physics news on Phys.org
In the US you need to do 4 years of pre-med before actually going to med school. It's already a long road to becoming a doctor, so that becomes an important consideration.
India does have some very good medical schools, but, as with anything else in India, it is very, very competitive so again that is something you need to look at.

UncertaintyAjay said:
In the US you need to do 4 years of pre-med before actually going to med school. It's alrgove a long road to becoming a doctor, so that becomes an important consideration.
India does have some very good medical schools, but, as with anything else in India, it is very, very competitive so again that is something you need to look at.
It is not about competitiveness,It is about the QUALITY,Mr Ajay.
I heard that India produces good doctors but not researchers.It doesn't seem to give the exposure required.So my question is which country is the best for such a quality education.

In terms of the quality of the doctors each nation produces, I am not qualified to say that anyone place is better than another, being a high school student myself. I am just making the arguments my friends made before they went into medical entrance. I am not a medical student and very happily dropped biology after 10th. India nevertheless turns out quality doctors. Besides, how good a doctor you are, after a certain point, stops becoming a function of where you studied and more a function of you as an individual.

If it is research you want to do, in any field, I would suggest going abroad because the way things are taught are quite different. There is a focus on independent thinking and actual hands-on research at the undergraduate level abroad as opposed to just rote learning. I have a friend from Poland who is also applying to the U.S. She wants to do medicine but, like you, she wants to do research in the field. So if you do not mind the additional 4 years go ahead.

Keep in mind that the quality of education is not country-specific, but school specific, and in some cases even program specific.

One of the key things to helping you figure out whether a program is going to allow you to get where you want to go is to look at where their graduates are ending up. Most schools and programs keep statistics on this kind of thing.

1. Which country is known for having the best medical schools?

According to top ranking lists such as the QS World University Rankings, the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada are known for having some of the best medical schools in the world.

2. What makes a country a good choice for studying medicine?

A good choice for studying medicine includes factors such as a strong medical education system, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, experienced and renowned faculty, and ample clinical experiences.

3. Is it important to consider the location of the country when choosing a medical school?

Yes, it is important to consider the location of the country when choosing a medical school. Factors such as cost of living, cultural differences, and availability of research opportunities may vary depending on the location.

4. What are some popular countries for international students pursuing medical studies?

Some popular countries for international students pursuing medical studies include the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and Germany.

5. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for international students studying medicine?

Yes, there are various scholarships and financial aid options available for international students studying medicine. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities early on in the application process.