Why I'm fired from a Pharmaceutical Company and what can I do ?

• Thread starter yiberkit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    company
In summary: And you might also consider contacting your university's career resources center and see what job placement resources they might have available.In summary, the conversation discussed the speaker's experience working as a quality control analyst at a pharmaceutical company. They were hired with a one-month trial period and were ultimately let go due to not meeting expectations. The speaker believes that the main issue was with their lab chief not properly training them and that they were not a good fit for the job. They are now looking for career advice and are considering options outside of the chemistry laboratory field.
yiberkit
I was working on a pharmaceutical company as a quality control analyst. I have 4 year bachelor chemistry degree from a low reputed university in Turkey . They hired me with mentioned that 1 month trial period firstly.After that, they fired me almost 1 month time...They've started teaching me some bulk density and sieve analysis in 3rd week. Because they told me first 1 and 2nd weeks are audit weeks which maintained by external inspection personnels. While, they are teaching me in 3rd week , they just showed me in 2 days for all of the analysis. So, they told me "you are not learning quickly. It takes much time to learn." They also said "you are not concentrated on this job and careless."
After that I've learned and memorized some of the analysis. Our lab. chief let me to stay alone in the lab at evening time and let me do all of the analysis just myself.
I did much more of analysis with some mesh's, bulk density, IR water and some weighings etc..
After that someone from a quality control lab. told me that you did something wrong when you stay alone in the lab. and lab. chief speaking about your mistakes ...
After that at the end of 4th week , human resources personnel told me you are fired. I am shocked. I couldn't believe it at that time. So I realized that they didnt want me in the lab.
Meanwhile I turned back to my hometown again. I don't believe that I find again like that pharma job again because of 1 month fired stain.
(I believe , I had some mistakes but I also believe that main guilty came from our lab. chief. Because they didn't teach me until 3rd week for most important analysis (dc and paracetamol) . I just did helping to raw material analysis analyst in 3 weeks. When much more of pharmaceutical production (paracetamol) comes out , they've started to teach me for it. I must be stay in the night shift analysis to maintain production and quality control department at the same time as alone. Two of them (analyst) of teaching personnel reported me as very bad to our lab. chief. After that the lab. chief let me to stay in evening shift to maintain some analysis. Some of the sieve mesh's are not found in our lab. So we look it with so close mesh's instead of what it should be. I've done a mistake when looking one mesh , they said. They just showed me and wrote that analyse (fine powder dc) firstly on that time.)

Now I am doing porter (carrier) job in my friends glassware storage with very low wage and zero assurance.- My past jobs were"storage works in power plant building site, paid biology teaching, car park attendant, waiter, carpenter apprentice, furniture and glassware porter, tea seller, casier in ironmonger etc..-

Could you suggest me please, what can I do after all those things?
Which job would be suits me best?
I don't believe that gaining a master degree would be help me.
I don't like chemistry laboratory things.
I just like computer , internet and some mechanical things, also english language and some kind of philosophic science things...So, what can I do?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
One thing that's important to remember is that a trial period is exactly that - a trail period. Companies will hire people for a short period of time after which they will assess your performance to see if you're good fit with their organization and then they make a decision as to whether they want you to stay on permanently. I wouldn't consider not making it through the trial period being fired, necessarily. You simply weren't asked to stay on permanently.

Based on the information in your post, it sounds like maybe you just weren't a good fit for the position. Generally speaking, in a slow economic environment companies will offer training in various procedures, but usually they want the people coming into already be familiar with basic concepts and have basic skills. The training then is more of a familiarization with local procedures - a "this is how we do it here" kind of orientation.

While on the surface, staying late in the lab to learn procedures sounds like the quality of an ambitious employee, it's important to remember that doing something like that can also constitute a safety risk. Not that I have a lot of experience in pharmaceutical chemistry labs, but as a general rule, people shouldn't be working in labs alone. And the fact that you needed to do this perhaps suggests that you just didn't have the level or training they had expected.

In the long run maybe this was a good thing. You learned that lab work really isn't your thing.

I don't have a whole lot as far as suggestions for other options, unfortunately. One idea is to follow up with other graduates from your program. Where are they working? Consider contacting even people who graduated a few years ahead of you.

What led to my firing from the Pharmaceutical Company?

There are a few common reasons why an employee may be fired from a Pharmaceutical Company. Some of the most common reasons include poor performance, violation of company policies or regulations, unethical behavior, or downsizing/layoffs within the company. It is important to understand the specific reason for your firing in order to address the issue and prevent it from happening in the future.

Can I challenge my termination from the Pharmaceutical Company?

Yes, you have the right to challenge your termination from the Pharmaceutical Company. However, it is important to have a strong case and evidence to support your claim. This could include documentation of your job performance, witnesses, or evidence of discrimination or retaliation. It is best to seek legal advice in these situations to ensure that your rights are protected.

Will being fired from a Pharmaceutical Company affect my future job prospects?

It is possible that being fired from a Pharmaceutical Company may affect your future job prospects, as it may raise red flags for potential employers. However, it is important to be honest and transparent about your past employment, and to highlight any skills or experience that may make you a valuable candidate. You can also use this experience as a learning opportunity and showcase how you have grown and improved since then.

What steps can I take to improve my chances of finding a new job after being fired from a Pharmaceutical Company?

There are a few steps you can take to improve your chances of finding a new job after being fired from a Pharmaceutical Company. These include updating your resume and cover letter, networking with professionals in your field, and seeking out new education or training opportunities to enhance your skills and make you a more attractive candidate.

What can I do to prevent being fired from a Pharmaceutical Company in the future?

To prevent being fired from a Pharmaceutical Company in the future, it is important to understand the company's policies and regulations, communicate effectively with your superiors and colleagues, and consistently perform your job duties to the best of your ability. It is also important to address any concerns or issues with your employer in a timely and professional manner. Additionally, continuously seeking out opportunities for growth and development can make you a valuable asset to any company.