Why Was I Banned From COVID Thread and Not Personally Just Talked To?

• Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date
In summary, the individual posting on a forum was confused as to why they were being banned without any explanation or reason given. They asked for an explanation as to what they did wrong and why they were not approached directly about any potential violations of forum rules. They also pointed out that a previous post of theirs was deleted and questioned why they were singled out when others were posting similar content. They noted that all treatments discussed on the forum were unproven and wondered why their post was treated differently. They requested clarification from a mentor privately.
kyphysics
Totally confused. No one spoke to me (recently) to say anything was wrong. No reason was given. Just that the "mentors" felt I should be banned.

Can someone:

a.) Explain what I did wrong?
b.) Explain why this approach was taken and not one where someone just chats with me to let me know I'm posting anything that is against forum rules?
***c.) I was also told I couldn't post "unproven" things last week when a post of mine was deleted I pointed out that I had been posting the same things throughout the duration of the thread with no problem. Namely, I posted articles on new approaches to vaccines and treatments that had promising early results. In the articles themselves and often quoted (by me) was mention of the fact that these "treatments" were still in the early stages. There was no attempt to say the treatments were proven. I noted that all treatments are unproven right now. None have gone through final FDA approval. Thus, anyone posting any news on treatments ought to have their posts deleted. I asked why that wasn't the case and why I was singled out. No one answered that. In short, I'm not sure why my post was deleted when there was no difference between it and all of my previous similar articles and/or the same types of articles from everyone else posting on the latest vaccine/treatment news.

Thank you for the feedback in advance.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please contact a mentor, we don't discuss these things publicly.

1. Why was I banned from the COVID thread?

There could be several reasons why you were banned from the COVID thread. It could be because you violated the thread's rules and guidelines, such as posting misinformation or engaging in disrespectful behavior towards other users.

2. Why wasn't I personally talked to before being banned?

The decision to ban a user from a thread is typically made by the moderators or administrators of the platform. They may not have had the time or resources to personally reach out to you before taking action. However, you can always reach out to them to discuss the ban and potentially appeal it.

3. Can I appeal my ban from the COVID thread?

Yes, you can reach out to the moderators or administrators and explain your situation. They may consider lifting the ban if you can provide a valid reason or show that you have learned from your mistake.

4. How long will my ban from the COVID thread last?

The length of a ban can vary depending on the severity of the violation and the platform's policies. Some bans may be temporary, while others may be permanent. It is best to reach out to the moderators or administrators for more information about your specific ban.

5. Can I still participate in other threads while banned from the COVID thread?

It depends on the platform's policies. Some platforms may only ban a user from a specific thread, while others may ban them from the entire platform. Again, it is best to reach out to the moderators or administrators for more information about your ban and its restrictions.