Yield (ROI = Return Of Investment) formula question

In summary: To cell D1, enter the total amount of bets you have (in this case 1000)5. To cell E1, enter the total amount of winnings you have (in this case 500)6. To cell F1, enter the total amount of losses you have (in this case 500)7. To cell G1, enter the percentage of winnings you are expecting to have (in this case 66,66%)8. To cell H1, enter the percentage of losses you are expecting to have (in this case 33,33%)9. Click on the "Calculate" button and you're done!
rivica
[SOLVED] Yield (ROI = Return Of Investment) formula question

The Calculation of simple yield:

The Return*
(Winnings)
__________ X 100= ROI (%)

Investment*
(Stakes)

so for example: I have 1000 bets with odds 2,00
500 of them are winning and 500 losing. So i am on 0 and my ROI is zero

Would like to get right odds to have 15% yield,
How to calculate on what odds should i be to have ROI 15% ?
Because odds are not always 2,00 - they are different but i gave 2,00 as example...

So, i know what are odds to have 0% yield, but would like to get with some formula odds to have 15% yield (ROI)!?

Thanks very much for help!
Ivica

Physics news on Phys.org
Let p = 1/odds be the probability of success, and R = 2 be the amount you win on a success (as a multiple of the amount you put down). Suppose you play n games, where n is large (in your case n = 1000, but it doesn't really matter).

Expected winnings are npR, and expected cost is n. ROI is (npR - n)/n = pR - 1.

If you want ROI to be 0.15, just solve pR - 1 = 0.15. If R is fixed at 2.00, solve 2p - 1 = 0.15.

CRGreathouse said:
Let p = 1/odds be the probability of success, and R = 2 be the amount you win on a success (as a multiple of the amount you put down). Suppose you play n games, where n is large (in your case n = 1000, but it doesn't really matter).

Expected winnings are npR, and expected cost is n. ROI is (npR - n)/n = pR - 1.

If you want ROI to be 0.15, just solve pR - 1 = 0.15. If R is fixed at 2.00, solve 2p - 1 = 0.15.

Thanks for answering, but I'm not that good in maths, so could you please give me calculation on some example?
Let's say i have odds of 1,50 (so probability is 66,66%) so to receive odds which would provide us ROI of 15%
I'm trying to do it into excel formula, but don't understand all what you write...
so please if you could calculate it step by step... tnx

In Excel:
1. Enter R to cell A1
2. Enter ROI to cell B1
3. To cell C1, enter formula "= A1/(1 + B1)"

1. What is the Yield formula and how is it calculated?

The Yield formula is used to calculate the return on investment (ROI) of a particular investment. It is calculated by taking the annual income or profit generated by the investment and dividing it by the initial cost of the investment. The result is then multiplied by 100 to get a percentage value.

2. What is the significance of using the Yield formula?

The Yield formula is significant because it helps investors determine the potential return on their investment. By calculating the ROI, investors can compare the profitability of different investments and make informed decisions about where to allocate their funds.

3. Can the Yield formula be used for all types of investments?

Yes, the Yield formula can be used for all types of investments, including stocks, bonds, real estate, and businesses. However, the calculation may vary slightly depending on the type of investment and the specific factors being considered.

4. How can the Yield formula be used to make investment decisions?

The Yield formula can be used to compare the potential return on different investments and determine which one offers the highest ROI. It can also be used to track the performance of an investment over time and make adjustments to the investment strategy if needed.

5. Are there any limitations to using the Yield formula?

While the Yield formula is a useful tool for evaluating the potential return on an investment, it does not take into account other important factors such as risk and inflation. It should be used in conjunction with other financial analysis tools to make well-informed investment decisions.