Thanks for your responses. I agree with those who pointed out that the Pioneer effect and the spacecraft flybys “mystery” are not clearly understood. They can’t be with our current knowledge of gravitation. I tried to explain the two effects with GRT – no success.
I would not trust...
Thank you all for your responses. I agree with bcrowell.
1. Has someone investigated the effect of variations in the Earth's gravitational field or in the classical gravitational constant on the Pioneer effect and/or the Earth spacecraft-flyby effect?
2. Can someone get me in contact with one...
This is what I know so far.
1. The Pioneer anomaly is due to thermal (kinetic) effect. Probably heat is from the spacecraft itself.
2. I believe only the NEAR spacecraft to an asteroid showed some significant flyby effect around Earth. At present they have fitted a curve with the data. They have...
I just happen to see the original question by student34 at Post 71. Here is one physicist's intuition.
1. I want you to recall Newton's 2nd law: Force vector = Rate of change of momentum vector. If you keep mass and the direction of velocity vector fixed, then force = (Inertial...
To stevendaryl at Post 694:
The choice of word "equivalent" was unfortunate. As a matter of fact this word is not quite correct in the case of mass either.
In the case of mass -- the pseudo gravity field is equal in magnitude but opposite in direction to the accleration.
In the case of electric...
As I said before, here is my take on POE-related topics.
The principle of equivalence
The genesis of the principle of equivalence is in the following equation:
(Gravitational mass) ∙ (Gravitational field intensity) = (Inertial mass) ∙ (Acceleration) (1)
That is, a mass in...
To PeterDonis -
After rereading my statement (2) and then reading yours, I think I found the problem. I restate (2) as follows:
A mass at rest in a frame is equivalent to being in a "gravitational field" when the frame is acclerating.
To PAllen: I will read your post and come back to you after...
To PeterDonis: Answer to "What makes you think that?
I get lost in mathematical jungle. I am a physicist, and I like to think in terms of physical models. I recall Feynman also: The glory of mathematics is that you don't have to say what you are talking about.
The genesis of POE is in...
What’s your understanding of the principle of equivalence?
In the literature, I find two meanings:
(1) Gravitational mass is numerically equal to inertial “mass.” (This is a postulate.)
(2) A mass at rest in a frame is equivalent to being in a “gravitational field” in an accelerated frame...
I have already done an extensive search of the literature. Will do so more.
"Genesis" means origin/beginning/creation/.... as you said.
So, Planck time is a fact!
I have come to realize that I am not going to understand gravity without time and its origin.